Any Interests in Titanium Exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caveguru

Reaction score
I always love how people get on threads like this to tell the OP he's wrong/dumb/wasting his time. Isn't that up to the OP to decide? Are you really helping the OP move the discussion forward any? If you're racing, or even driving for fun and you have the money, go for it. Every pound counts. Through a collection of over 20 modifications I've shaved almost 400 pounds of my Subaru STI track car. It is f'ing phenomenal to drive. I don't plan on doing the same with my Raptor and I'm sure most of you don't either, so maybe this exhaust idea isn't for you.

Titanium as a raw material isn't as expensive as people think it is, and those guys selling exhausts for Mercedes and exotics charge those prices because they can. But I would agree that getting a shop to do a small run of titanium exhausts for a Raptor, given the long runs, ~3" diameter, and dual pipe design, would be at least $4k. Given that a set of Fox 3.0 shocks are $8k I'm sure there's some Raptor owners that could spring for this. The designer will need to keep track of the weight carefully. With a turbo car you can't get away with aluminum, so there should be an opportunity here to save over stainless steel. The AWE exhaust claims a 41 pound weight savings over stock. I'd be looking for at least another 30-40 pounds with titanium. If you can't get that much out and it's a race application look to switch to thinner wall stainless and plan on replacing it.

R20sRaptor

Reaction score
Well since it didn't seem like this thread was doing anything I got my titanium exhaust made by Zen rage exhaust. We'll see how it sounds when I put it on.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since it didn't seem like this thread was doing anything I got my titanium exhaust made by Zen rage exhaust. We'll see how it sounds when I put it on.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Can you post a few pics?

Is this the system you have?

Last edited:

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^

What he said. C5 Z06’s had titanium exhausts from the factory. What I heard is that they were loud because they tended to resonate, but sounded beautiful.

But an LS1 sounds much different than an Ecoboost so...