Any Interests in Titanium Exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the innovation here, but it's really just aesthetic on a 5,500 lb truck. I'm about to spend $5K for a titanium exhaust on my 720 but I would not spend this on a $75K truck to save weight. I am however getting the Velocity AP valvetronic exhaust which is about $3k. I like the option to go loud or quiet with the push of a button, but this is just what I'm looking for. I'd really like to see a video of your exhaust once it's built and installed. Custom titanium exhausts are like functional art! No doubt you'll have the best looking exhaust on any Raptor.

Every little bit helps especially when adding it all up plus adding weight back onto the truck.

But yes it is also for sound and looks as well of course.

I’m not against spending an extra grand or two for an exhaust that makes me smile.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every little bit helps especially when adding it all up plus adding weight back onto the truck.

But yes it is also for sound and looks as well of course.

I’m not against spending an extra grand or two for an exhaust that makes me smile.

But, on your Raptor it will get real dirty and not look so good! :cool:

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone is making titanium lug nuts for the raptor. Should be right up your alley.

I doubt a few ounces will add up worth the crazy price........

That was what everyone would say who isn’t worried about over 100lbs of Rotating mass on all four corners of their truck.

But the way I see it is if I search the wheels out with weight savings in mind, tires as well, and then if the price was right and they were anodized black then maybe I’d pick up a set if not outrageously expensive. But, my experience with machined Ti has normally been way more expensive than the same part in aluminum regardless of where the company is located. Share a link......

06viper

Reaction score
Titanium has a significantly different sound than other metals AKA stainless steel which is the material used on pretty much every aftermarket exhaust for the raptor. Since every owner on here complains about their exhaust sound of their Gen 2 wether they have it stock or an aftermarket setup, a titanium setup might not be a terrible idea if someone can have it designed for a relatively inexpensive price. Say a similar setup to Roush or AWE where its just muffler and resonator delete pipes, but instead of stainless pipes you use a titanium H pipe or X pipe. If someone can design that section from titanium relatively inexpensively say $1-3k, I think it should change the sound tone drastically for the better. I am actually surprised someone hasn't tried titanium already since everyone always complains about the sound tone from Gen 2s. Titanium truly does sound drastically different that stainless systems, much much better tone. I see many aftermarket systems made from stainless that retail close to $2k which is nuts, its literally just stainless pipes nothing fancy at all. Here is a titanium straigh pipe setup I just installed on my Mclaren 570s. Got it for $2k brand new, and only weighs 4.5 pounds haha crazy right?

49358730852_f2b190fee7_b.jpgIMG_4099 by ,
49358067478_3f35ffe7c4_h.jpgIMG_4095 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/165618841@N05/

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would amplify the V6 too much which most dont want

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you spoke up because I didn’t even think about them being stiffer/stronger/higher strength in all axis etc... makes perfect sense though!

Thanks!

Everyone disregard downpipes.
My next door neighbor is a certified welder and fabricator with a Black seal and just about ever other cert needed. He does a lot of custom work for Imclone Pharmaceuticals in their one off clean rooms. Actually they are one of the few companies that are working on a COVID-19 vaccine. He is a big time motor head and is constantly welding motorcycle frames, intake manifolds, headers and titanium pipes that are on some of the motocross bikes.

According to him, yes Ti is expensive, expensive to weld and he does it, and it is what he called brittle compared to SS. A lot of the Motorcross pipes he has fixed are mostly from the bike being crashed. The Ti will split or crack and the mounting tabs will shear off, he also mentioned that the longer the run with out support may be an issue. I don`t know about a Ti exhaust vs a S.S. exhaust effecting the tune, wouldn't it be based upon if you change the pipe size and if you run cat`s and what mufflers you run.

Where were you planning to have them exit on the truck?

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Titanium has a significantly different sound than other metals AKA stainless steel which is the material used on pretty much every aftermarket exhaust for the raptor. Since every owner on here complains about their exhaust sound of their Gen 2 wether they have it stock or an aftermarket setup, a titanium setup might not be a terrible idea if someone can have it designed for a relatively inexpensive price. Say a similar setup to Roush or AWE where its just muffler and resonator delete pipes, but instead of stainless pipes you use a titanium H pipe or X pipe. If someone can design that section from titanium relatively inexpensively say $1-3k, I think it should change the sound tone drastically for the better. I am actually surprised someone hasn't tried titanium already since everyone always complains about the sound tone from Gen 2s. Titanium truly does sound drastically different that stainless systems, much much better tone. I see many aftermarket systems made from stainless that retail close to $2k which is nuts, its literally just stainless pipes nothing fancy at all. Here is a titanium straigh pipe setup I just installed on my Mclaren 570s. Got it for $2k brand new, and only weighs 4.5 pounds haha crazy right?

49358730852_f2b190fee7_b.jpgIMG_4099 by ,
49358067478_3f35ffe7c4_h.jpgIMG_4095 by
When you changed to the X-pipe did you also go with the heat shield wrap or use the stock heat shields? They do look awesome and it`s amazing how much less they weigh when you have the stock and the Ti in your hands

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too think that Ti is going to produce a higher & hollower sound
that most will not like.
Most are pining for the V8 rumble.
I however embrace the V6 sports car sound.
I recommend keeping the stock resonator and just do the downstream piping.
When the stock resonator is removed, that is when you get the drone and harsh tones.

Probably the best weight saving bang for the buck would be
replacing the very heavy SMC hood and fenders with CF.

Last edited: