Any improvements for the folding rear underseat storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dislike the folding storage compartment under the rear seats in my Gen 3.

I have a lot of stuff I used to keep in the narrow compartment under the rear, driver's side passenger seatback in my Gen2. Rope, utility knife, gloves, flashlight, etc. This was super useful and the space was always accessible, whether the seats were folded up or down. In the Gen3 this space is taken by the 2 kW inverter.

I use the flat floor a lot and it's a huge pain to unload everything from the folding compartment. And then, even once folded down, the floor isn't fully flat, and the plastic material is much more slippery than carpet. Just super annoying. But apparently it can't be fully removed without leaving exposed bolts sticking up through the carpet.

Anyone know of any good aftermarket alternatives or improvements here? At a minimum some sort of removable liner I could put in there that would let me unload the whole compartment in one shot.

Legacy32

Reaction score
I really dislike the folding storage compartment under the rear seats in my Gen 3.

I have a lot of stuff I used to keep in the narrow compartment under the rear, driver's side passenger seatback in my Gen2. Rope, utility knife, gloves, flashlight, etc. This was super useful and the space was always accessible, whether the seats were folded up or down. In the Gen3 this space is taken by the 2 kW inverter.

I use the flat floor a lot and it's a huge pain to unload everything from the folding compartment. And then, even once folded down, the floor isn't fully flat, and the plastic material is much more slippery than carpet. Just super annoying. But apparently it can't be fully removed without leaving exposed bolts sticking up through the carpet.

Anyone know of any good aftermarket alternatives or improvements here? At a minimum some sort of removable liner I could put in there that would let me unload the whole compartment in one shot.
the bolts unscrew from the bottom of the truck

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Venom_Raptor

Reaction score
Ahhhh forgot to mention I also always add 2 10” subs to my trucks, so on my Gen 3 I got the remove the stock subs in the rear to have more room. Not a lot of room, but enough to have my wrench bag, tie towns, gloves, 1/4” chain, and some rope back there.

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah im not the happiest with the under seat storage. kinda cheap. Also need to look into that rear seat storage behind the seats. Subscribed to see if anyone has any other solutions.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
mine didnt come with any storage under the seats, but have been looking for another solution to store strap downs, and such - i saw someone on youtube build a sliding shelf system, but that's overkill for me.

Reaction score
I don't have the underseat storage. Looks just like how my 17 was. Even came with a full size mat or the rear. When looking online prior to getting my truck I wasn't too stoked to see about that storage system. To my surprise, and delight, my truck didn't come with it. Much prefer the open space vs a cheap looking compartment.

Reaction score
mine didnt come with any storage under the seats, but have been looking for another solution to store strap downs, and such - i saw someone on youtube build a sliding shelf system, but that's overkill for me.
I have a Swingcase I keep all of my tie downs inside. Might be worth looking into. Lockable and weather proof also.