GEN 1 Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is? It is located on the drivers side. I can here and feel sucking coming for it when the truck is running. And under braking 90% of the time there is a clicking coming for the rear of the truck sounds like drivers side.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Snapchat-7389962851895697091.jpg
    Snapchat-7389962851895697091.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Snapchat-2806137568885388069.jpg
    Snapchat-2806137568885388069.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 100

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure it causes it to fail, no vacuum to the IWE causes the hubs to be engaged which constantly turns the front drivetrain. It would be the same if the boot/diaphragm on the IWE tore, caused a vacuum leak, and engaged the IWE

OP
OP
drj.raptor

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure it causes it to fail, no vacuum to the IWE causes the hubs to be engaged which constantly turns the front drivetrain. It would be the same if the boot/diaphragm on the IWE tore, caused a vacuum leak, and engaged the IWE

OK thanks! That makes since, I don't know much about the IWE system

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is? It is located on the drivers side. I can here and feel sucking coming for it when the truck is running. And under braking 90% of the time there is a clicking coming for the rear of the truck sounds like drivers side.

Thanks!
That is the valve for the IWE system which engages your front for wheel drive. They are prone to going bad. Replacing it is easy and will cost about $60, unless your still under warranty.

That should fix the clicking.

If not, your clicking may be the drive shaft. In that case, you'll need to add grease to the yoke.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

OP
OP
drj.raptor

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the valve for the IWE system which engages your front for wheel drive. They are prone to going bad. Replacing it is easy and will cost about $60, unless your still under warranty.

That should fix the clicking.

If not, your clicking may be the drive shaft. In that case, you'll need to add grease to the yoke.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE) | Run Raptor Run
( * Y * )

Thanks! im still under warranty till December of this year, only have 30k on her. ive made an appointment to go in this friday. its made this clicking one other time after hitting a good sized bump but went away after i turned the truck off and back on. only difference was the clicking was coming from the right front not the back left, and the back left only seems to be clicking when i apply the brakes.

OP
OP
drj.raptor

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took to the dealer, tech first said that the tube was a vent tube and suppose to be broken. had to argue with them with an other techs help they confirmed that it is a vacuum tube that needs to be replaced. sec they say the click in the rear is cause i need new pads and rotors all around, $840 job. at 30k miles not quite 3 years old, no towing, no loads in the bed, not driven hard. does this seem to early for an all around brake job to anyone else? and should it be warrantied if they do need to be replaced?