Any ideas on replacing this broken aftermarket rear camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

podman

Reaction score
Hi - I just purchased a 2011 Raptor and the previous owner had replaced the OEM stereo with an Alpine x009-fd1 receiver (which is pretty cool, albeit a bit dated now). A tailgate camera had also been installed at some point (a ford emblem camera kit). The camera wasn't working and upon removing it I discovered that it does not have a connector and instead is a single line that runs all the way to the receiver (see picture below). Does anybody have any thoughts on the best way to replace this camera? I assume I can cut the line and splice in a new camera but the kits I've found online look like they're expecting a 6 pin connector. Any ideas on the best way to replace this camera? Thanks!

PXL_20220115_205229356.jpg

OP
OP
P

podman

Reaction score
Never mind on the above question. I figured out that my truck did not come from the factory with the backup camera option and the kit i referenced above is a replacement camera for the factory installed option. I haven't found any replacement cameras for the aftermarket option so i'm guessing i'll need to buy a new kit (that comes with logo, loom, etc.) and maybe even replace the entire loom that runs under the truck. I'm hoping there is a plug under the carpet where i can connect the new loom so i don't need to remove the head unit.