Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Any good occasional use seat covers that are water resistant?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Oldfart, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Oldfart

Oldfart Full Access Member

I have seen a lot of nice high end seat covers in here that people have talked about. The nice ones are obviously made to stay on and look great. I just want something to be able to throw on once in a while, as needed. Any suggestions for an occasional use water/stain resistant cover that works decently? I was looking at various neoprene ones on Amazon but several reviewers said they had stained their seats. I think my head would explode if I bought seat covers to protect the seats and they actually ruined them! Thanks.

2. CR Gittere

CR Gittere Full Access Member

3. JohnyPython

JohnyPython Full Access Member

My nephew has Carhartt in his Ram. They’re pretty nice. Did you get the Recaros or leather? Not sure if they work with cooling seats. Depends on what you need the covers for...

C7122640-9EEB-44DE-9312-E8F5F334138F.gif

4. Oldfart

Thanks, I'll have to check those out. Looks like just what I need, I'm surprised they are $260 for a pair. I thought they would be a lot cheaper.

:bleh: I usually wack off before I leave the house, but with the new ride maybe I will do it on the fly! I got the Recaro seats.

Thanks for the replies. I mainly want them for my dad so I can take him on some hell rides. He's 97 with a permanent catheter and he has some issues once in a while. It would really suck for him to have an accident on alcantara seats! The Carhartt's look nice too, the gravel color would go good in my truck. I see those are $311, so I guess decent covers cost more than I thought.

JohnyPython likes this.
  5. CR Gittere

CR Gittere Full Access Member

I have the recaro's and you can feel the cooling in the seat but it takes a while

6. Ricoman

Ricoman Full Access Member

Check out Duluth Trading....been using their work pants for 20+ years...FIREHOSE material..and they make several types of Seat Covers...Great company,products and return policy.

7. Oldfart

Those do look pretty nice. I never bought anything from Duluth, but they make some of my favorite commercials. Thanks.

8. TheCzar

TheCzar Member

9. pbtjrlmrt

pbtjrlmrt Full Access Member

https://www.ariesautomotive.com/part/3142-09 This is for the front buckets they also make a rear cover.
    I've used em for years and they fit nice and hold up really well. Easy on easy off

Oldfart likes this.
  10. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

Yeah. A beach towel stuffed into the sides & headrest