Any Gen 1 Raptor Owners? — Pittsburgh, Pa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anthozy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone own a Gen 1 Raptor in the Pittsburgh area? I’m from Murrysville, Pa.

I was thinking about setting up a morning meet up / coffee run then cruise. Just to get connected with the community and Gen 1 owners.

Swear I never see Gen 1s riding around. And when I do it makes my day.

If anyone would be interested in something like that.. say hello and comment below.

Gen 2 Raptors would also be welcome to join.

- Cheers
Anthony

08DEEEA9-B0B0-4149-A973-228730EE65CF.jpeg

Citizen Park

Reaction score
Hi Guys. New to the forum but a long time Raptor fan. Can anyone help me with how to start a new thread regarding a buying guide for Gen 1 Raptors? I've been shopping for one for the past 3 months. During that time, I've personally seen a dozen of them and I wanted to share what I found. Want to help avoid buying 6,000lb paperweight if you know what I mean. Lets me start with a few....

1. 2013 in South Gate, CA - This truck is in great shape... 8.75 out of 10 all around. BUT there is a transfer case issue. When I test drove it, I heard grinding from 4H to 4L. I asked the dealer to let me get it inspected and he said I'd have to bring someone in. It has 3+ owners with no service history on Carfax.

2. 2014 in Pasadena, CA - This truck isn't worth the asking price. It has too many dings and lightly torn driver side leather. The rooftop light bar and foglight are junky aftermarket. And the truck squeaks way too much compared to others. The aftermarket warranty is not Ford issued. IMO, the selling price should be set at high 20's.

3. 2013 in Pacoima, CA - I actually has this truck inspected. Its in great condition. No transfer case or transmission issues. Unfortunately, it's a theft recovery vehicle so they won't offer financing (because its technically salvaged once registered in CA). They won't budge on the price either. IMO, the selling price should be set at high 20's paid in cash.

If you like what I'm doing here... like and/or follow me so I can request a new thread with this type of information. Best of luck shopping!

Again, I'm a private buyer... not looking to solicit anything... just sharing my personal experience with ones I've actually SEEN IN PERSON. And if you want me to check anything out in the Los Angeles area, I'll do it in exchange for lunch : )

Last edited: