Any equity in a totaled Rap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hburgrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Im seeing a pretty sharp looking 13 in Florida thats a salvage title. Curious to hear some opinions on buying a repaired rig?

2013 with 70k miles for $23k.

If it could be bought for $20k, do you think you’d pull the trigger?

If it were local to me Id definitely go see it.

Appreciate your time.

4088ccea14bc02457ca8a95b23d0da37.jpg

JMIB99

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with the above. It also depends who did the repairs. I watch Youtube videos all the time of totaled vehicles being repaired. But those guys make their money on Youtube and sponsorships, not on the repaired vehicle. They put the time in and do it right. In the end of most of the builds its not even worth the effort that goes into the proper fix.

Therefore, I'd be weary if the seller is a place that tries to flip salvaged vehicles for a profit. Ask them if they can provide you a list of satisfied customers. Also, do a Google search on them and pay close attention to the negative comments. And most importantly, have a trusted mechanic check it out.

OP
OP
Hburgrap

Hburgrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Being 1000 miles away its more than likely not something I’ll do. If it was local and I had access to it, Id absolutely be checking it out.

Doesn’t seem like a massive risk tho if you can buy it right. If a fella had the time its gotta be worth something close to that in parts.

Its worth a few emails to see what I can find out I suppose.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
Hburgrap

Hburgrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I found a picture of the wreck. Looks to have knocked the rear end out of the truck. Same website lists damage at $34k.

1ftfw1r66dfb89441 vin

eda38e284edc8a4675d77ab7b0ca89b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk