Any downside to Toyo AT3s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought bout it but was worried as I have never know anyone thats run them..
I have Bridgestones on my Tundra, they've been awesome, Firestone X/T on the Raptor, 0 issues, Kenda Klever...we're great. 0 complaints. Those nitto tires literally would lose control in very little water at low speeds. My wife drove the F150 to state for wrestling and almost wrecked on the highway going slow in the rain due to the water channeling on that set of Nittos being defective. I was told that they were compounding the tires (at that time) 2019 btw differently and were having quality control issues. Not sure on the truth in that but those tires were God awful.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because Nitto is a subsidiary or Toyo does not mean that Nitto tires are Toyo tires. Nitto sucks and I've never had luck with them. The Toyo AT3 I had great success in all conditions with, they are very good in wet/slick environments and do fine in the desert as well. They don't throw rock's like K02's or wear as terrible as the K02. I highly recommend Toyo AT3 to people who live in environments with lots of mixed driving from off road, snow, rain, and mud.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW...firestone destination x/t is what are on my raptor right now. 30k miles on this set now. Rotated and balanced with every oil change.View attachment 391641
damn street queens........

i havent gotten more than 10k miles regardless of tire. the ko2 gave it up after 264 miles. the falkens got me 400, the nitto was around 300, same with the tires mentioned here. i actually use atturo tires now. they were the ones who originally contacted me to test and compare their tires. their blade xt are a decent tire. their mt had deeper tread but wore faster. however for my sideways always drifting the truck habits, they work great for me. and at $80 a tire cheaper, i can blow through them and not cray as hard. i still cry, but not as bad at $270 a tire compares to $350+ for everything else.

when it comes down to it, you have to pick a tire for your driving style. cant go off recommendations of others. how you drive is different from how i drive. gotta make that descision for yourself. however if you want my input i would say go with the falken wildpeaks.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_20230202_091343.jpgthese are my nitto dune grapplers after 3000street miles and 200 offroad miles. i am not easy on tires and luckily for my tires im down to 3 events a year. so i usually replace my tires 2-3 times a year

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw some toyo at3s on a rap on the lot, looked great. Think a member on here got them and said they performed great, but noticed a bump in stiffness.

I was stuck between them and the cooper at3 xlts, went with the coops after my k02s cracked.

Even though theyre E theyre 2 ply sidewall so theyre decently squishy still, and perform way better than the k02s on and off road. Have not tested mud, just plain ol dry dirt. Balanced with 4ozs at the worst and are super quiet.

I think on some Taco forums people said the same on the toyos, only read one or two bad complaints on them. Generally i get most of my info from there since this forum is kinda limited on some tire reviews (i love you all still)

Hope my wall of text helps.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Saw some toyo at3s on a rap on the lot, looked great. Think a member on here got them and said they performed great, but noticed a bump in stiffness.

I was stuck between them and the cooper at3 xlts, went with the coops after my k02s cracked.

Even though theyre E theyre 2 ply sidewall so theyre decently squishy still, and perform way better than the k02s on and off road. Have not tested mud, just plain ol dry dirt. Balanced with 4ozs at the worst and are super quiet.

I think on some Taco forums people said the same on the toyos, only read one or two bad complaints on them. Generally i get most of my info from there since this forum is kinda limited on some tire reviews (i love you all still)

Hope my wall of text helps.
I think on some Taco forums people said???

Are you cheating on us, FRF, with the Skinny Jean, ManBun, Latte Sipping Crew???
what the Holy Hell Braaaaaa??

@Big Blue , can you please put him on a FIRST OFFENSE-Secret Probation! All his Forum browsing should be monitored closely!!
Any Subsequent Violations ie: Seen hanging at Bucks with the TRD Lads, will result in a 6 Month DOUBLE TOP SECRET PROBATION!!