any difference in 2018 vs 2020 ECM/TCM calibration??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forscan dev version or IDS , both will do it , forscan will allow back flashing to older roms. This is the non released dev version of forscan that support flashing.

Got it. Makes sense, since IDS doesn't allow you to revert to an older cal. Thanks for posting your results.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is what @Crunchtime2k saying that we should be able to bring the truck into the dealer for an update/flash? I also have been plagued by a harsh shift in my 2020, 5-3 or 4-3, when in normal mode casual driving. It does it no matter if the truck is warm or cold. Would love the possibility of a remedy. 2/20 build date

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is what @Crunchtime2k saying that we should be able to bring the truck into the dealer for an update/flash? I also have been plagued by a harsh shift in my 2020, 5-3 or 4-3, when in normal mode casual driving. It does it no matter if the truck is warm or cold. Would love the possibility of a remedy. 2/20 build date

The dealer is instructed not to do any updates unless there was an associated service bulletin/message, which in this case there is not.

wac45

Reaction score
Did you ever get your harsh downshift to 3rd gear resolved? Mine is doing the same thing and my build date was 3/20. (2500 miles)

I haven't taken it into the dealer yet.