Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Any atv carburetor guru's on here?

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by CoronaRaptor, Jul 29, 2020.

1. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

I can get the quad to run if i spray fuel into the carb.

Proflyer likes this.
  2. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Update! I give up, I'm heading to the beach for a swim before i Do something bad. I took the carb apart, put it back together, put it back on, and it just dumps gas through the overflow, now the bowl is full of gas put the floats arent closing or something. I have taken it apart 2 more times since and pounded the pin out which holds the floats and cleaned the stopper and the surface area and put it back together and it still overflows and when I bench test it and hold the floats up, the gas stops coming into the bowl. Its hot and F-ck It, for now.

3. David Godbee

David Godbee Full Access Member

Hey my friend, Ive had your problem and if you have been putting regular ethanol gas in your wheels that's your problem. The time you are talking it has set it is definately clogged. Take it apart, go to Harbor Freight and get a small ultrasonic cleaner, dump your cleaner and parts in and let it do its thing. Until you clear all those small passages it want work. You can also just buy a new carb and she'll run like a top Your call, Good luck

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  4. dsg2003mach1

dsg2003mach1 Full Access Member

came in here to recommend this. We used it on several tiny carbs for some suzuki 80cc units and it worked wonders. We still have us compressed air to blow out some junk afterward but prior to soaking that junk wouldnt come out.

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  5. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

It's alive, I took it apart again and polished the float shaft with some steel wool and cleaned everything I could think of, poured gas in it on the bench and it held, I carefully hooked the choke back up (difficult without turning sideways), bolted it back on and turned on the gas supply, no leaks. Hooked up everything and she fired up after 2 seconds. Don't know how long it will last, but if it starts to leak out the overflow, I will see how much to have it rebuilt at Honda as they want $300 for this carb online at amazon, plus shipping and crap. Now I need a new battery for this thing. Thanks guys for all your help.

Proflyer likes this.
  6. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Thanks for the ideas guys, I soaked some of the parts in a dish of carb cleaner and blew them out and polished the mating surfaces, it helped a lot.

SilverBolt likes this.
  7. Proflyer

Proflyer FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Glad you got it goin! I'd still add some seafoam to the gas and run it, that'll help clean out the small stuff you may have missed. Hopefully good to go now!

Edit: and from now on throw a little stabil in your toys. Pump gas goes to shit pretty quick. Another tip I use is to add stabil and run it until some has gotten in the carb, then run it with the gas off until it dies as that'll get most of the gas out of the carb.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    CoronaRaptor likes this.
  8. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

Dude. You totally rock. Well done.

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  9. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

I'm going to change that 7 year old oil this weekend too!, last time we used this quad was at Coos bay in 2013.