antenna ??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody 2

Reaction score
Just chop a little off the top

I have had good luck with taking OEM antenna off and pulling the ball, snip 2" off the end and forcing ball back on. Have done this on 3 previous F-150s and current Raptor. Still have an overall height gage and can't tell it from stock.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live far from any large towns and wouldn't risk losing the few radio stations I can now receive.
In 46 years of driving I've never had an antenna problem.

Eddie

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought a shorty but realized that I like the OEM tall antenna better in terms of looking proportional to the truck, and I don't mind it scraping my garage door. I returned the shorty antenna.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have my Raptor yet but already bought the Stubby from Craven. I had one on my old Tremor and it worked pretty well. I rarely use FM anyway, so it was just for looks.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Several years back I swapped out the factory whip antenna for a shorter 17 inch antenna that I found at O'Reilly's for less than $10. It kept the antenna from banging on the garage overhead every time I pulled in and pulled out, but it had a universal adaptor that I could never quite fully tighten down. Radio reception was as good as the factory whip because there were more windings per inch on the shorter antenna than the factory antenna, and I think it was still a 5/8ths wave design. But recently that universal adaptor failed and I reinstalled the original factory whip. Still can't tell any difference in radio reception.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have used the 14" antenna's on my last 3 f-150's and no difference in reception but doesn't scrape my garage header every time I pull in and back out. Not only annoying but was marking up the wood trim! I think it was all of $19.99 or less. Will be mounting on my Raptor (when if finally gets built)!!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
If your truck is a street queen, pick whatever looks best.

If you drive it off road definitely get a short one or remove it. Unless you like cracked windshields...