Answer to why my truck is sitting in production limbo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging by the As Built site, my truck is missing the ECM module. I'll just keep an eye on this site, when I see the various programming pop up for the ECM, I'll know that the chip is in and the truck should be shipped soon.

The PCM has a couple of hundred programs applied. The ECM is empty.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
Would you mine explaining what I am looking at here? Sorry if it's been explained somewhere else.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mine explaining what I am looking at here? Sorry if it's been explained somewhere else.
I read about this in another thread on here. But, I think each line is a different program designation. When something is updated, they just update one or a few, instead of reprogramming the entire module.

I think you can probably look up the specifics of each somewhere on the internet.

I think it's on the main tracking thread where a few posted that on build day, they could see the different updates populating as they refreshed the page.

In short, if your truck has both the ECM and PCM, you should see similar stuff under each. If you only have one, you will see lines under the one that's installed.

I know I checked on my build day and didn't see anything under each. It remained that way for several days. That may explain why it was in production for 9 days (from build date), it may have been missing the PCM as well.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. Hundreds under BCE. Nothing under PCM.
Build date 08/25. Maybe they just meant they put the paint and doors on.

Jeremyslar

Reaction score
Your truck is already sold... Therefore not a priority. They will use the chips to get inventory to the dealers to catch potential sales.