Another successful 37" tire install on a 35" Raptor with spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
question for all you running 37's on the 35'. did you recalibrate the speedo for the tire size?
Don’t have 37s but can tell you this (from reading what others have done ;)). You don’t have to…should you, absolutely.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t have 37s but can tell you this (from reading what others have done ;)). You don’t have to…should you, absolutely.
I've always done it on other past vehicles but those were on jeeps and they were large increases in size. just wasn't sure how off it will be and not to mention warranty issues with flashing the ecu

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My neighbor didn't have any rub when he changed to 37's till he went off road hit a hole in a turn and cut his front tire. Suppose if you are going to stay on the road you will be ok.
Curious on which tires he went with? BFG 37's or other? I have quite a few customers push their 35 trucks with BFG 37's and no issue. You have any pics? Not saying I don't believe you. Just want to let customers know if this an issue they should be concerned about.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if youre not going cazy off road then maybe nothing but the factory modified the frame/ hitch to properly fit the 37 spare, they also limited the travel of the front and rear suspension to accommodate bigger tires. they also changed the shocks to a bigger shaft for the same reason. I wouldn't be suprized if the springs are slightly stiffer but not sure on that one. basically truck is 1 inch taller due to the increased tire size but travel is 1 inch less in fromt and back. for the same reason but the travel is limited 1 inch. if it wasn't at full stuff its gonna rub
Aren’t the shock mounts beefier as well? I think bad idea to do this from a warranty perspective (if that’s a concern) when the factory offers a 37” package direct w/ specific changes made to accommodate the tires….the live valve shocks read inputs like every millisecond & are tuned different for 37” vs 35”, there are internal differences to the shocks, there’s the shock mount/frame changes….& I’m guessing there’s even different setting for the transmission & of course the speedo will be off too.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aren’t the shock mounts beefier as well? I think bad idea to do this from a warranty perspective (if that’s a concern) when the factory offers a 37” package direct w/ specific changes made to accommodate the tires….the live valve shocks read inputs like every millisecond & are tuned different for 37” vs 35”, there are internal differences to the shocks, there’s the shock mount/frame changes….& I’m guessing there’s even different setting for the transmission & of course the speedo will be off too.
True…but. If someone is considering or has chosen this path, I think they‘ve given this little thought (if at all) & tossed it right out the window.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the best way to go I would guess is to get it from the factory with 37's. ill do with out the 37's for now anyway. perfectly happy with the 35's. haven't missed them in the 18' and now I don't miss them in the 21'. I guess the only way as of now i'll get a 37' package is if next year I can snag an R'

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case my truck was built during a time when Ford was not offering the 37" package, so it was either get a Raptor or don't if I was that hung up on the 37s. But when the suspension component and body/fender/etc is all the same why not just come back after getting the Raptor and buying the 37s. The scenario is that there is fine print between the versions, same truck body and suspenion components..with added bump stop to reduce travel for the extra 1" on the tires and expand rear chassis area to account for slightly larger spare. it's just unfortunate it's not an easy swap when all things seem equal. I would love for Ford Performance to just come out and list their Ford Raptor 37" kit as a suspenion part for us 35 guys to purchase and upgrade to.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have larger shaft diameter in the shocks on the 37” package + bumpstops. I can’t imagine the shock performance is much different from a 35” truck.

Only real way to find out is to compare model #’s from Fox Shocks to see what’s different between the two.