Another successful 37" tire install on a 35" Raptor with spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevdug

Reaction score
Forgot I took this photo. Front has the 37" tires, rear has the 35". The 37" tires really fill in the gaps and looks more proportional on the truck.

View attachment 363538
Yes once you put a larger wheel or tire up against the stock set up the 315 looks out of proportion, basically a 36” set up on mine

Attachments

• 96E11EDC-402A-45B8-BC60-AD4E7EEC1936.jpeg
    96E11EDC-402A-45B8-BC60-AD4E7EEC1936.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 133

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to buy 37s for my 35 stock. I have a 22’ with stock 35s my question is what is different about the performance package 37s vs 35s that come on it? Why can I buy 37s if the truck fits 37s? I’m looking at 22x10 or 20x10 rims with 37s. Is this not possible with a stock 35 truck? I don’t have it leveled or anything and I’d rather not run, but I guess why is there rubbing if this truck can fit 37s stock…? I’m confused guys but in a need for a reply since I just ordered 22s on 37s. I’ll need to quickly adjust the order if this won’t work.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just a guess but if you could install 37’s on a 35 truck with “zero” issues then why would people pay 5000 bucks more to get a 37 truck or if it’s that easy why would Ford offer a performance package. Performance package suspension and frame is modified to accept the larger tire. 35 package is designed for a 35 tire. It’s that simple.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just a guess but if you could install 37’s on a 35 truck with “zero” issues then why would people pay 5000 bucks more to get a 37 truck or if it’s that easy why would Ford offer a performance package. Performance package suspension and frame is modified to accept the larger tire. 35 package is designed for a 35 tire. It’s that simple.
Well rims and larger tires are more expensive…I guess my question then is what is different about the sport tuned suspension? Is it just leveled, the 35 and 37 truck has the same suspension system/components, what needs to be done differently to the 35 truck to fit 37s?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre not going cazy off road then maybe nothing but the factory modified the frame/ hitch to properly fit the 37 spare, they also limited the travel of the front and rear suspension to accommodate bigger tires. they also changed the shocks to a bigger shaft for the same reason. I wouldn't be suprized if the springs are slightly stiffer but not sure on that one. basically truck is 1 inch taller due to the increased tire size but travel is 1 inch less in fromt and back. for the same reason but the travel is limited 1 inch. if it wasn't at full stuff its gonna rub

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre not going cazy off road then maybe nothing but the factory modified the frame/ hitch to properly fit the 37 spare, they also limited the travel of the front and rear suspension to accommodate bigger tires. they also changed the shocks to a bigger shaft for the same reason. I wouldn't be suprized if the springs all slightly stiffer but not sure on that one.
Yeah that’s what it sounds like, I guess I want to make sure they bolt and fit, it seems like they’ll bolt and fit, it’s just that before I do anything off-road and aggressive I need to deal with stiffer springs and reduce suspension travel. I won’t be jumping…but I will be off-road it seems like anything on road will be fine.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be doing 22's on an off-road truck unless youre running 40's or something crazy in order to get all the sidewall needed. but thats just me. well and most everyone else as well. I did 20's on the 35 and its not even ideal for off-roading thats why I have the stock 35's on 17's for those trips stored in the garage ready to swap back on. I want to wear out my 35's on the 20's. to up to 37's as well. the 20's were from my gen 2. so it'' be a little while.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question for all you running 37's on the 35'. did you recalibrate the speedo for the tire size?

Last edited:

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question for all you running 37's on the 35'. did you recalibrate for the tire size?
Yeah that’s all I keep looking through when considering it. The stock sidewall is 8.7” and upgrading to a 22 moves to a 7.5” sidewall while 20s are right about the 8.5” sidewall. The width stays almost exactly the same. The -18mm offset moves the wheel out about 3/4”

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that’s all I keep looking through when considering it. The stock sidewall is 8.7” and downgrading to a 22 moves to a 7.5” sidewall while 20s are right about the 8.5” sidewall. The width stays almost exactly the same. The -18mm offset moves the wheel out about 3/4”
Fixed