Another sub question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Parker

Reaction score
I have read several posts thus far and it seems like there are a few different ways to switch the existing sub. Everything from dumping the b&O amp, adding a zen, adding one or two amps, adding 1 or more subs.... it also looks like it is equally possible to tap the front line before the pillar tweet, running it back to a Lc2 and then to a new amp and new sub (disconnecting old sub and removing box). If this is correct, I assume there wouldn’t be any roll off on the new sub as the b&o does, and the Lc2 would receive the full frequency spectrum, correct?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
with the 2017 it was easier to do in stages, you could just swap out the speaker using the stock enclosure, amp in with speaker level inputs and go. B&O I understand doesn’t allow this. I’ve got ’17 and have done a full upgrade by now but I think you’re looking at about $2k on the low end to replace with good components.

You’re correct, once you swap in a zen, amp(s) and a sub, no more bass roll off.