Another Shady Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My window sticker went up but my dealer said the price is still protected and they fix it at purchase. Because if I don't take it then they can charge full MSRP.The
I bought mine for sticker last October and drove 3300 miles then sold it to Empire Ford for 7k more than I paid. This was last week
Im not one to brag, I make 22k a month as a test pilot and instructor at Edwards AFB and 20 days a month Schedule after retiring from the USMC. I’ll start selling Raptors!

Cody24ca

Reaction score
Dealer Markups

You can use markups.org to either promote or put dealers that do crap like this on this website. Ford Authority just posted about it. Something that can be helpful. This market is out of hand.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I wouldn’t give that dealer any money. They already charging you ADM. they could take it out of that. No way man.

Also fuel prices are not coming down.

DBR2022

Reaction score
My truck landed this week .. out of state. So we get on the phone to hash it all out.. they tried to get me to pay the increase; I questioned it; sent the pdf doc we’ve all seen around the forum, etc.

They came back with: they get it back in the form of a refund from ford. So I have to pay it now and if/when they get refunded by Ford they will pass that payment on to me. They will be noting it on a “we owe” form where the salesman writes up anything they promise to give you in the transaction. Like free swag or accessories, etc.

So I’m going to pay the increased msrp and see where this goes. Not holding my breath for the $4800 plus tax to get refunded but I hope it’s all on the up and up.

I tell you what; I’m already pot committed and ~5k is not gonna keep me out of this truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve not been following this as I’m not in the Jen Tres market but, you have to pay tax on that money, so... when they refund the amount, is the stealership also refunding the sales and use tax collected for the reduction (as they should)?

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the dealer video from Long McArthur in Kansas...the dealer will be refunded those price increases that are reflected on the window sticker! If they are telling you otherwise, ie. that you must pay the increase, they are trying to screw you...or they are ignorant and need to learn how to use the dealer software. Perhaps sit down and watch the video with the GM and ask them what they don't understand?

DBR2022

Reaction score
I’ve not been following this as I’m not in the Jen Tres market but, you have to pay tax on that money, so... when they refund the amount, is the stealership also refunding the sales and use tax collected for the reduction (as they should)?
Totally that’s another crazy part of this whole thing.

According to the dealer video from Long McArthur in Kansas...the dealer will be refunded those price increases that are reflected on the window sticker! If they are telling you otherwise, ie. that you must pay the increase, they are trying to screw you...or they are ignorant and need to learn how to use the dealer software. Perhaps sit down and watch the video with the GM and ask them what they don't understand?
Thanks, I’ll watch this and see if it helps.

DBR2022

Reaction score
@bfr ... I watched it and it at least gives me confidence that the dealer will be refunded. I'm going to bring this up and try to get them to give me price protection on the frontside rather than "hope" for repayment after the fact.

The difficulty is that I'm buying from out of state and will finalize these details this week; And have plans to fly out at the end of the month! It's not like the old days where you could take a day off of work and be a pain in their ass and spend all day and night in the dealership office and insist they figure it out.

Plus there's the caveat that they don't care if I back out of the deal. The Raptor will sell instantly if I quit now.

*first world problems but not a fun one!*