Another Shady Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

IERAPTOR

Reaction score
Point 1, this whole thing has been f.u.b.a.r. from jump street so I get the frustration emitted here.
Point 2, you’re ok paying a 10K ADM so what’s another 3300 for a truck you want if time is of the essence?
Point 3, you say, “unfortunately don’t have the luxury of waiting”. Were you told you have 3 months to live?
Some things are about principle no matter the dollar amount.

My Gen2 was totaled so I am currently standing on the highway with my thumb out.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My Gen2 was totaled so I am currently standing on the highway with my thumb out.
I figured the “principle” thing would be mentioned but that went out the window when you agreed to the ADM. But hey, did what makes you happy! Sorry to here about your Gen 2.

Last edited:

bruin1md

Reaction score
So through another member on this forum I was able to secure 22 Raptor at 10k over. I understand everyone doesn’t agree with the whole paying over MSRP but unfortunately don’t have the luxury of waiting and the market seems to bear that.

Anyhow back to the story. Call the salesman I was referred to. He tells me truck is scheduled to be built within a 2-3 weeks and price is 78,450 + 10k which is the Pre 2/15 price. I agree, He sends me a build sheet that shows this price, at the bottom he adds 10K ADM tells me to sign send back and charges me 5K deposit. So because I have vin I have been checking tracker to see when truck would go into production. Well yesterday to my surprise truck shows in production with a window sticker. I click on sticker and see truck has the new pricing on sticker which makes sense because it is coming off the line after the increase date. Although I am pretty sure the dealer didn’t incur the increase as it was ordered Oct 21. So today I get a call from my salesman and he says good news and bad news. Good news is your truck is in production, bad news is price went up 3,300 and I need to pass that price on to you. So I very calmly and nicely tell him my understanding was that increase was for units ordered after 2/15, and that because they had ordered in Oct this unit should have still had old pricing. Even though the sticker was increased. He basically proceeds to say it’s not in dealer issue Ford increased the pricing and there is nothing he can do about it. If I don’t like it he will refund my money and basically pound sand.

To say I am fuming is a understatement. Dealer knew on 2/21 when we agreed on the deal that the trucks had gotten a increase. But this until clearly wasn’t affected because I have the build sheet with the old pricing. Now that the window sticker is available they are using it to squeeze another 3300 out of me when it didn’t cost them anymore money. Although I’m sure it will be a worthless conversation I place call to GM to voice my frustration. Hard to have any leverage with them when they know they will get 10k over sticker when it lands.

Second deal I have had that has went sideways. I am about over trying to get a GEN 3.
I just went through this: it's really simple......... your order was a stock order, and as such, isn't price protected. It's not the dealer's doing-- it's Ford's insane price increase not even 2 months into the year.

The only thing the dealer should have done (as mine should have), was explain that this is a stock order, and unlike retail orders, they aren't price protected against an increase by Ford.
I don't think any dealer imagined Ford was going to increase their price by this much mid Feb, so it caught everyone off guard.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Life is about choices, I pre-traded my Gen2 & got a MSRP "Special Order" last June. I borrowed a vehicle from a family member & was considering purchasing a cheap rider if my order took more than 3 months. Luckily my Gen3 arrived in about 3 months.

I personally hate it when people over pay for "stuff" like cars, real-estate, etc because it leads to inflation. There will always be a market correction and we are now entering a major recession! The inflation rate before the Ukrainian invasion was 7% and now the national average for gas is $4 gal. which is heading to $5 gal. Plus the Fed will have to raise interest rates to slow inflation leading to lowering consumer confidence which will start to slow the economy.

So can you find an alternative ride and wait 3-6 months to see if the market softens or is it worth the extra $13k to have your truck today?

flwrappeder

Reaction score
So through another member on this forum I was able to secure 22 Raptor at 10k over. I understand everyone doesn’t agree with the whole paying over MSRP but unfortunately don’t have the luxury of waiting and the market seems to bear that.

Anyhow back to the story. Call the salesman I was referred to. He tells me truck is scheduled to be built within a 2-3 weeks and price is 78,450 + 10k which is the Pre 2/15 price. I agree, He sends me a build sheet that shows this price, at the bottom he adds 10K ADM tells me to sign send back and charges me 5K deposit. So because I have vin I have been checking tracker to see when truck would go into production. Well yesterday to my surprise truck shows in production with a window sticker. I click on sticker and see truck has the new pricing on sticker which makes sense because it is coming off the line after the increase date. Although I am pretty sure the dealer didn’t incur the increase as it was ordered Oct 21. So today I get a call from my salesman and he says good news and bad news. Good news is your truck is in production, bad news is price went up 3,300 and I need to pass that price on to you. So I very calmly and nicely tell him my understanding was that increase was for units ordered after 2/15, and that because they had ordered in Oct this unit should have still had old pricing. Even though the sticker was increased. He basically proceeds to say it’s not in dealer issue Ford increased the pricing and there is nothing he can do about it. If I don’t like it he will refund my money and basically pound sand.

To say I am fuming is a understatement. Dealer knew on 2/21 when we agreed on the deal that the trucks had gotten a increase. But this until clearly wasn’t affected because I have the build sheet with the old pricing. Now that the window sticker is available they are using it to squeeze another 3300 out of me when it didn’t cost them anymore money. Although I’m sure it will be a worthless conversation I place call to GM to voice my frustration. Hard to have any leverage with them when they know they will get 10k over sticker when it lands.

Second deal I have had that has went sideways. I am about over trying to get a GEN 3.
Dude, tallking to a GM is no different then talking to a salesman. Complete waste of your time. 2 weeks ago i purchased a 22 escape for my daughters birthday next month. its sitting in my parking lot at my shop untill her birthday. it was the one that she wanted and picked out so i went ahead and bought it giving current inventory issues. Anyhow, it got delivered to my office and i signed all the paperwork, gave them a cashiers check and the delivery drivers left heading back to upper Georgia. Well, this past monday i get an email from the finance guy at the dealership informing me that the drivers lost my paperwork and check and wanted to know what time that day they could drive down and pick up another check. I was aboslutely furious about this as he was making light of what i considered a major problem being that my DL#, SS#, address and some banking information was with that paper work that was lost. I had to do some digging, took all but about 5 minutes, but was able to pull up the business owners name and info from the Georgia Divisions of Corporations. I texted the finance guy and told him that the owner needed to call me TODAY. Later got a phone call from the GM. I texted him the same response. About an hour later i did get a phone call from the owner and discussed the problems, the freeze i had to put on my credit, and that since it was a cashiers check it takes up to 90 days for the funds to be released back into that account. Ended up getting 3k knocked of the car in the end and felt he made it right. I guess the moral im making here is screw the employees. Find the owner and go directly to them. maybe make some headway with that.

OP
OP
I

IERAPTOR

Reaction score
Life is about choices, I pre-traded my Gen2 & got a MSRP "Special Order" last June. I borrowed a vehicle from a family member & was considering purchasing a cheap rider if my order took more than 3 months. Luckily my Gen3 arrived in about 3 months.

I personally hate it when people over pay for "stuff" like cars, real-estate, etc because it leads to inflation. There will always be a market correction and we are now entering a major recession! The inflation rate before the Ukrainian invasion was 7% and now the national average for gas is $4 gal. which is heading to $5 gal. Plus the Fed will have to raise interest rates to slow inflation leading to lowering consumer confidence which will start to slow the economy.

So can you find an alternative ride and wait 3-6 months to see if the market softens or is it worth the extra $13k to have

So can you find an alternative ride and wait 3-6 months to see if the market softens or is it worth the extra $13k to have your truck today?
Not sure if you have followed the current vehicle market , but EVERYTHING is overpriced. People rarely paid MSRP for most vehicles. Now MSRP deals on regular F-150’s and people are ecstatic. So my point to your comment is, no matter what I buy in current market, it will be overpriced. Mine as well get what I want.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a typical market yes. I don’t see it really impacting a 15mpg specialty vehicle.
Agree with this. Does it suck? Yep. Will it significantly impact your resale? Nope. But if some of these fools wanna trade in their badass trucks for an adult power wheels have at it…

Gas will eventually return to a somewhat lower price. World politics and our current administration have us all by the short hairs for the short term.

tedthebear

Reaction score
Looking at the released prices for the 22 silverado zr2 or tundra trd pro (same-ish price but way less car)…getting a msrp raptor now feels like winning the lotto.

This will just drive more raptor demand as the wait and see buyers come off the sidelines = more adm or outright price hike

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Let me offer a little different perspective knowing full well I may get beat up for it. I wanted and waited for a long time before I finally purchased my Gen 2 in January 2018. I love my truck and by far my favorite vehicle bar none. Granted we live in a very different world now than we did back then. I've said many times, I've enjoyed an excellent relationship with my local dealership from service department, to body shop, to office staff, to parts department, to salesperson to Sales Manager to General Manager. I have NEVER felt that I had been screwed in any way.

That being said, I've often wondered what would happen if I ventured out to trade my Gen 2 for a Gen 3. Where would I draw the line? $1,000 over sticker? $5,000 over sticker? I'm guessing it's because I already own one but the "want at any cost" has worn off. I know what it means to want a specific vehicle so much so that you willing to overlook the possibility that you really are getting ***** dry.

Thinking farther down the road, paying that much over sticker merely because of supply and demand is a roll of the dice. When it comes time to sell (or trade), the perspective buyer won't give a flying Wallenda what YOU paid - he will look at what it's worth and base his offer on that.

Lastly, to those that have their dream truck, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. To those waiting, (and waiting, and still waiting in some cases) good luck. Be patient and when the stars are aligned, it will happen and you won't have to take out a second mortgage.

I mean no offense to anyone.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am shocked at the prices of the new trucks. I will never be able to buy a new one. The PO of my used Raptor put 65k on it and never serviced the shocks. Since one of you may have purchased my next truck I hope you take better care of it.