Another Shady Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloridaRaptor4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what happened here but I can tell you that if the window sticker shows a higher price the invoice price definitely went up too. I don't think the dealer is trying to pocket extra money here. Not to say that the dealer did everything right...it sounds like something wasn't done right as you ordered before the price increase date. Sounds strange.
My window sticker went up but my dealer said the price is still protected and they fix it at purchase. Because if I don't take it then they can charge full MSRP.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see anything that says special order.
You should see it down at the bottom...

1646430212691.png

Also, I've attached the Ford letter to dealers about the price increase, and price protection on Retail orders. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Ford_EFC09823 Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2022-02-15_2022-02-10 (1).pdf
    93.1 KB · Views: 69

lobsterman

Reaction score
My window sticker went up but my dealer said the price is still protected and they fix it at purchase. Because if I don't take it then they can charge full MSRP.
Look at the build sheet you signed. At the top, under Type, does it say Retail like it does in the below pic? If not, you're not price protected.
View attachment 345007
Don’t know if this helps but this was my situation: 10/15 dealer calls and said order banks opened and they have 3 allocations that they already placed and if I still want one to give them my choice of options because it is still early enough to make changes. I did that and got a vin a couple weeks later. My build sheet says retail at the top. My window sticker says special order at the bottom. A week or so before delivery my MSRP went up the $880 we have all heard about. I picked truck up on 2/25 and dealer said I have to pay what ever sticker says. Didn’t push back much because I got it for MSRP and the truck was there and I wasn’t leaving without it! So was the dealer correct or did I pay $880 more than I should have? Also, the 801a price did go down the $1395 because of no blue cruise which was ok with me anyway. BTW I love this truck!!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Point 1, this whole thing has been f.u.b.a.r. from jump street so I get the frustration emitted here.
Point 2, you’re ok paying a 10K ADM so what’s another 3300 for a truck you want if time is of the essence?
Point 3, you say, “unfortunately don’t have the luxury of waiting”. Were you told you have 3 months to live?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So through another member on this forum I was able to secure 22 Raptor at 10k over. I understand everyone doesn’t agree with the whole paying over MSRP but unfortunately don’t have the luxury of waiting and the market seems to bear that.

Anyhow back to the story. Call the salesman I was referred to. He tells me truck is scheduled to be built within a 2-3 weeks and price is 78,450 + 10k which is the Pre 2/15 price. I agree, He sends me a build sheet that shows this price, at the bottom he adds 10K ADM tells me to sign send back and charges me 5K deposit. So because I have vin I have been checking tracker to see when truck would go into production. Well yesterday to my surprise truck shows in production with a window sticker. I click on sticker and see truck has the new pricing on sticker which makes sense because it is coming off the line after the increase date. Although I am pretty sure the dealer didn’t incur the increase as it was ordered Oct 21. So today I get a call from my salesman and he says good news and bad news. Good news is your truck is in production, bad news is price went up 3,300 and I need to pass that price on to you. So I very calmly and nicely tell him my understanding was that increase was for units ordered after 2/15, and that because they had ordered in Oct this unit should have still had old pricing. Even though the sticker was increased. He basically proceeds to say it’s not in dealer issue Ford increased the pricing and there is nothing he can do about it. If I don’t like it he will refund my money and basically pound sand.

To say I am fuming is a understatement. Dealer knew on 2/21 when we agreed on the deal that the trucks had gotten a increase. But this until clearly wasn’t affected because I have the build sheet with the old pricing. Now that the window sticker is available they are using it to squeeze another 3300 out of me when it didn’t cost them anymore money. Although I’m sure it will be a worthless conversation I place call to GM to voice my frustration. Hard to have any leverage with them when they know they will get 10k over sticker when it lands.

Second deal I have had that has went sideways. I am about over trying to get a GEN 3.
Is this in Navasota? I talked to the salesman and had the same deal you got. We talked about the price going up that day, he said I would pay the original price.

Not that this helps. I just couldn't do it, $5k down seemed retarded knowing they can easily turn around and sell the truck if I back out.

Yeetyodeler

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack this post. You guys are pretty smart, I took a stock order for $5k over sticker, then the MSRP changed. The contract thing I have here says a specific price, not MSRP + 5k though. So basically I'm curious if you guys think that if they don't uphold the specific price on this contract that I will get my deposit back? Thanks in advance.

Hold for Orange Park.JPG