Another remote start problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e46maldonado

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed before but i just can't find the issue . used my remote start last winter and never used it again till this winter. however i went to start the truck with the fob and....... nothing literally nothing happens i get no beep no nothing. So far i have checked the hood switch (everything looks fine even cleaned it ) i unplugged the battery for a few minutes to give the system time to fully restart and nothing. i even unplugged the remote start antenna and plugged it back in and still nothing any suggestion ? maybe where the fuse to the RS can be located ?

btw its a 2012 screw

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check for stored codes, although when I had that problem it would honk at me instead of starting. Sounds like you checked all the potential points of failure, what about the batteries? Both the vehicle and the fob, does the fob door lock/unlock work?

cjf1001

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing a few years ago. Replaced the battery in the remote, and have not had any trouble.

OP
OP
e46maldonado

e46maldonado

Reaction score
Check for stored codes, although when I had that problem it would honk at me instead of starting. Sounds like you checked all the potential points of failure, what about the batteries? Both the vehicle and the fob, does the fob door lock/unlock work?

i actually forgot to mention i took my fobs to battery plus to get the batteries replaced and still nothing smh I'm going nuts !

OP
OP
e46maldonado

e46maldonado

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing a few years ago. Replaced the battery in the remote, and have not had any trouble.

it locks and unlocks just fine i replaced my batteries yesterday at battery plus weird thing is i get no honks & yes i checked the horn it works lol

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it locks and unlocks just fine i replaced my batteries yesterday at battery plus weird thing is i get no honks & yes i checked the horn it works lol
So no service engine light or stored codes? I've heard of one case that the hood switch bracket bent, can or did you try depressing the switch manually? Worst case you may have to have a dealer hook up a scan tool and at least see if it's been disabled somehow; all '10-'14 F150's have RS built in but some like my '14 STX work truck need the fob, the antenna, and the dealer to enable it (already had a hood switch from factory). In the instrument panel settings does it still have remote start options?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
e46maldonado

e46maldonado

Reaction score
So no service engine light or stored codes? I've heard of one case that the hood switch bracket bent, can or did you try depressing the switch manually? Worst case you may have to have a dealer hook up a scan tool and at least see if it's been disabled somehow; all '10-'14 F150's have RS built in but some like my '14 STX work truck need the fob, the antenna, and the dealer to enable it (already had a hood switch from factory). In the instrument panel settings does it still have remote start options?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I already pressed the hood switch manually and nothing I am going to have to take it to the dealer cause I get no honk no nothing . yep thats pretty weird.