Another rattle…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FL3Z-3A788-B should be the newest version. I know its the blue check valve which is the one you want.

View attachment 364838
Thanks!! Ordered. Off-road Alliance has an install video and I really can’t believe that’s all it takes. Meanwhile it’s 4A for me till it gets here tomorrow. Very much appreciate the help. Such an awful sound for such a simple fix

Jorge

Reaction score
Good point. Would be a typical Ford stealership move. Down here in S Fl, you can literally hand them a recall advisory and they’ll let you sit in the waiting area for an hour while they dig for any excuse not to service a truck you paid $80k + for . Can I tell you that the first time I took my Gen 2 into service for a very audible cam phaser rattle they tried to tell me what I was hearing was “wind noise” on the running boards. You can’t make this up. Wind noise. A cam phaser cold start rattle… all I could muster in response was “what wind? I’m in park”. Anywho idk how Ford treats recall work v these advisories that are put out by NHTSB and Ford but we shall see. Thanks for chiming in. Better to be informed than to leave a dealer thinking all of your trucks problems are due to wind shear lol
What dealer do you take your truck in for Service and the recall?

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get a chance, put it in 4hi or 4A and see if it goes away. It should. Only issue is if the iwe or hub has been chewed up it won’t engage properly.
When you get a chance, put it in 4hi or 4A and see if it goes away. It should. Only issue is if the iwe or hub has been chewed up it won’t engage properly.
Still waiting on the valve but I think I’m going to need a new assembly. Switched her into 4A this morning and grinding is still there for sure. Found the TSB 20-2028 and it has the instructions for the mechanics and reads that if the grinding is still there in 4A to go ahead and remove and replace the IWE assembly parts as needed.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to type the dealer up a to do list as I was sure to forget something. Off to service she goes…

Attachments

• F385E2F2-4E3D-4E0A-BE5F-5B8DE21DD8AF.jpeg
    F385E2F2-4E3D-4E0A-BE5F-5B8DE21DD8AF.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 6

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still waiting on the valve but I think I’m going to need a new assembly. Switched her into 4A this morning and grinding is still there for sure. Found the TSB 20-2028 and it has the instructions for the mechanics and reads that if the grinding is still there in 4A to go ahead and remove and replace the IWE assembly parts as needed.
Be careful with requesting TSBs, the database is always being updated. In the case of 20-2028, it is no longer a valid bulletin. The TSB superseding it does not include Raptor; they need to follow normal WSM diagnostics.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful with requesting TSBs, the database is always being updated. In the case of 20-2028, it is no longer a valid bulletin. The TSB superseding it does not include Raptor; they need to follow normal WSM diagnostics.
Thanks for the heads up. Dealership was a mess this morning. Was told they can’t get to it for two weeks (understandable) but that they’ll only get to it if I leave it at the dealership sitting for those two weeks. They said no they can’t call me when they are ready for me to bring it in and I would have to get a rental on my own while my Gen 2 sits. Moved drop off to Monday so I can figure out rental over the weekend. Appreciate the info.