Another Paint Correction Thread (All in one cut & polish)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Bought a new to me Gen 2 where I knew I'd soon be doing a paint correction because while the paint was in good shape, it was a swirl party, especially the B Pillars. I suspect the dealer I bought it from has some morons washing the cars, because a brand spanking new F-150 parked next to it had the same issue.

I used Chemical Guys VSS with a DA polisher and got *okay* results. The swirls are to the point where normal people can't see them, but I'm not normal. I've had really good luck with Chemical Guys, so I was thinking of just getting their C4 and P4, but to state the obvious, this is a big ass vehicle, so an all in one like VSS appeals to me. When I had my M3 a two step didn't bother me, but the Raptor has the surface area of like three M3's.

Does Adams (hello sponsor!) or another higher end brand have an all in one cut and polish compound that you folks have had great luck with? Basically I'm just trying to save some time and my back.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Griots Garage has some stuff. Last time I did the Raptor I used a polish and buffer then just used a spray on ceramic wax. Not as durable as the professional ceramic waxes but when you can knock it out once a year and your raptor is garaged it’s ok in my book. For the polishing stuff, they have quite a few options depending on the severity of swirls and scratches.

They do have a new product I picked up but haven’t used, it’s a ceramic 3-in-1 that polishes and applies a ceramic coat, but haven’t used it yet so can’t really comment on how it is

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Sonax Perfect Finish for a one-step (combination of medium and finish). Matt at Obsessed Garage recommends Sonax as his go-to one-step polish. I've had great results with it and it was very effective on the gloss B-pillars on both my Raptor and two of my wife's Expeditions, but they were almost new when I polished them and had only been hand washed a couple of times (by me). If your B-pillars have deep swirl marks, you may have to start with a compound -- the Sonax is not deep cut like a compound.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I use Sonax Perfect Finish for a one-step (combination of medium and finish). Matt at Obsessed Garage recommends Sonax as his go-to one-step polish. I've had great results with it and it was very effective on the gloss B-pillars on both my Raptor and two of my wife's Expeditions, but they were almost new when I polished them and had only been hand washed a couple of times (by me). If your B-pillars have deep swirl marks, you may have to start with a compound -- the Sonax is not deep cut like a compound.
I agree and would skip CG and go to Sonax or even Rupes polishes.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2cents is that if youre truly wanting to get them out, prob have to do a compound first, then a polish. Collinite and mothers iirc are pretty good and used by a lot of good detailers.

Of course hard to really recommend without pictures of said area, and im more of a casual, but like you i love to perfect my cars as best i can. Hope this video finds you well.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is safe all around on our trucks with factory graphics? Hood and quarters.. I have a Gen1. I want to polish and do color correction and all that jazz but with my graphics I'm a bit unsure what to do and use truly

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Meguiar's products over the past twenty years, mainly their wash & wax stuff. I don't think the brand of product matters as much as when and how one uses them. I personally try not to let my Raptor get too dirty in the first place and when it does get nasty looking get that stuff off as soon as you can. My 2014 Raptor only has the SE graphics on the bed sides and they have held up very well thus far.IMG_6207.JPGIMG_0109.JPGIMG_0110.JPG

Last edited: