Another One (sunroof) bites the dust!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you vent the sun roof ? And what Luba should you use ? Another related question if the rear sliding window seal is messed up how have you fixed it so water doesn’t leak in and damage the electrical connections behind the rear seat ?

Press the middle button of sunroof controls so that goes into 'moon roof' mode. The rear end of the front window rises up. It basic breaks whatever seal may have developed between a seal and the plastic parts at a safe angle.

As for lube, I have it, but I forget what it's called. It's expensive though, not to be used at parties.

concertrhino

Reaction score
Wait…can someone explain this for someone who had no idea this was something I should worry about?

I have to do routine maintenance on my sunroof now? Does anyone know a timeline for this issue?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I apply the lube as soon as my sunroof starts making a bit of noise (creaking in and out of driveways). After the lube, silent. If I’ve been in the desert a lot that’s usually every 6 months or so.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like tequila. And bourbon. And gin. And … you get the idea. Be aware that in Mexico it’s legal to put additives in reposados, anejos, and extra anejos. Even if they’re 100% agave. So stick with blancos. Suerte is a reasonably priced blanco with a flavor profile that I like.
agreed to all above. even a good aged dark rum. not spiced or clear on the rocks is very good also.