Another New Phoenix 8 core unit Sc7862 in pre-release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Sc7862 6 g ram 128 g rom Android 10 w/ built-in carplay Android

Is this the one everyone has been waiting on for so long? I ordered mine about a week ago before joining on here. Thought the 1-2 Month wait wouldn't be to bad, but now reading this might just cancel.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sc7862 6 g ram 128 g rom Android 10 w/ built-in carplay Android

Is this the one everyone has been waiting on for so long? I ordered mine about a week ago before joining on here. Thought the 1-2 Month wait wouldn't be to bad, but now reading this might just cancel.
those of us that didn't cancel are waiting well over a year by now..

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
auto manufacturers are probably 5 years behind when it comes to the audio and integration. from what i understand a lot of it comes from the r&d and testing of a vehicle before it can go into production. that being said, auto manufacturers are also making it harder and harder to integrate aftermarket head units by having everything controlled by data. it takes alpine/sony/pioneer, idata, pac, etc etc a very long time to build a system and have it work flawlessly with the data of a vehicle. as well as being very expensive. they have to weigh the cost of production to the number of customers they can potentially have. now days most newer vehicles require a data module anywhere from $100 (but usually $250) antenna adapter, ($20) dash kit (varies by make $20-$600) and install ($200-$400) plus the cost of the radio. lets take the 2016 f150. maestro makes the data retention module. $250 they also make the dash kit ($350) with this truck you have to remove the heater controls and double stack them into the new dash kit. takes time and you have to be careful with the circuit boards. this is a 3.5-4 hr install. our shop here in ca is $150 an hour. you are $1000 before you even look at a radio. lets say the radio is $1000 so $2k to replace the radio in the truck. how many people do you know will spend $2000 to replace just the radio? these are all factors the audio manufacturers have to take into consideration when deciding when or if they want to make data interfaces, dash kits or radios for vehicles. up until recently the 13-14 raptors had no option to replace the radio. nothing existed. not enough production of the vehicle/ optioned package to be profitable to spend the time and money to make anything for them. it sucks but thats how technology is going these days
I find it hard to believe that theres no 12” + screen available. Especially in this market.