Another New Phoenix 8 core unit Sc7862 in pre-release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoBetter

Reaction score
Hey BIGDJE, any up-date....I pre-ordered Aug 28, 2021 not aware of this forum. Stumbled on this site by a random search. The original Feb 4, 2021 pre-order post now has me concerned? I was optomisticly thinking mid October when I placed my order... the lead on the pre-order now appears ambitious? Thank you for sharing your feedback. Take care!

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol still got my preorder from 3/18... its going to be a while.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over the past week or so Phoenix automotive has put out a lot of youtube instruction vids on the SC7862. I don't see anything specific to F150, but it does look like they are progressing with this.

From what I can tell, they have made a few improvements, which tends to concern me. I would have preferred if it was just the same basic OS that fixed all the known bugs and based off Android 10. Given their history with QA, I suspect all they've done is introduced more bugs and made the thing even less stable.

I'm happy to see others giving it a shot, and I hope I'm wrong.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey BIGDJE, any up-date....I pre-ordered Aug 28, 2021 not aware of this forum. Stumbled on this site by a random search. The original Feb 4, 2021 pre-order post now has me concerned? I was optomisticly thinking mid October when I placed my order... the lead on the pre-order now appears ambitious? Thank you for sharing your feedback. Take care!
i text with owner every few weeks. the problem with new unit and software is with the factory sync not working and told him that is 100% has to work flawless with no issues soon as that if solved he ready to install in my truck and make sure its perfect then release units

BHook

Reaction score
Well Phoenix just cancelled and re-funded my order, I did not ask them to do this.

Edit: they just refunded the dongle, Android 10 unit still on order, supposed to be November release.

Last edited:

MoBetter

Reaction score
I got a notice as well to drop the Android Auto dongle I'd ordered as an option. The dongle is not required for the head unit, per their note. They sent PayPal a credit, but did not cancel my order?

I ordered August 28. How old was your order?

BHook

Reaction score
I got a notice as well to drop the Android Auto dongle I'd ordered as an option. The dongle is not required for the head unit, per their note. They sent PayPal a credit, but did not cancel my order?

I ordered August 28. How old was your order?

Ordered 20Jan21, Order still in place, they refunded the dongle for me as well. Email from them (this morning) said that they would be releasing the units in November (due to chip shortage).

MoBetter

Reaction score
Hey now and good afternoon. One of the more recent post identifies a November release for this head unit? Well November 20 is here and no news as yet? Mama says "no news is good news". I love my mama, but I think this is wrong regarding pending on-line merchandise .....

Any updates out there in the FRF regarding the new Phoenix SC7862 ? Thank you for your time and input!

BHook

Reaction score
Ordered 20 January 2021, last email said November 2021 release, almost out of patience.