Another New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARB

Reaction score
Hello guys/gals.

New guy here. Been lurking for about a week or so. Been looking at the Raptor trucks since the second generation, not seriously, but here and there online. I don't see too many around here, but when I do, I have to stop and stare. lol
Current truck is a '16 Ram Sport 4X4, rc/sb which I ordered back in late '15. It was a great truck when I first got it, but I am finding and and seeing things that are kinda ******* me off about the truck. Too bad too, because I take care of my stuff. I would say the 2 worse things about the truck are the rust that started about 2 years ago in the driver's side wheel well and the MDS system. Such a terrible design in my opinion. Especially with an aftermarket exhaust, which I do have. Terrible. Not to mention that I had to replace the rotors/pads at 13k. ****** materials.
Other only mod is a Ground Force 2" rear leveling drop kit. both shocks and springs. Great looking truck, but as I mentioned earlier, the issues seem to be piling up and ******* me off a bit. I may trade it in for ordering a 2021/2022 Raptor. Not decided yet. A lot depends on the trade-in value. If not, then I pay off the Mustang ASAP and maybe mod that.
Looking forward to some advice and information on these trucks. (Pictures don't hurt either. lol)
Thanks!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice regular cab street truck. I purchased an ‘03 Hemi Ram ways back when they first came out and the first year of the Hemi. You know the commercials, “Hey does that thing got a Hemi in it?” Lol

Yeah first factory trucks with 20” wheels stock etc. Was a nice truck at the time. Lightnings and the Viper truck to come were the only other exciting things.

Then later the Raptor which put all you could want in a fun and capable truck. Sure now you have the TRX as well.

Find your path and go your way.

OP
OP
A

ARB

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice regular cab street truck. I purchased an ‘03 Hemi Ram ways back when they first came out and the first year of the Hemi. You know the commercials, “Hey does that thing got a Hemi in it?” Lol

Yeah first factory trucks with 20” wheels stock etc. Was a nice truck at the time. Lightnings and the Viper truck to come were the only other exciting things.

Then later the Raptor which put all you could want in a fun and capable truck. Sure now you have the TRX as well.

Find your path and go your way.
Thanks.
I appreciate it.

OP
OP
A

ARB

Reaction score
I agree!!! Its better than a prius... nice clean truck you have buddy!! .. However i dont log into fordraptorforum to see a RAM.. Now i get weak for the Dodge Ram Viper v12 or mint Ford lightnings!
Here you go enjoy!
HA HAAAAAAAAA
Thanks man. I actually emailed the local Ford dealership about 2 miles away earlier today. Asking 20k ADM for ordered Raptors.
I told him hard pass bro. I'm all set. That really pissed me off. But, if others want to pay that, that's their business. Not me.