Another 'Looking To Buy' Raptor Thread (With Questions)

Should I Go With A Gen 1 or Gen 2?

• Gen 1

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any fading on the Orange interior. However there are a few chips in it from the PO, and repair is pretty much impossible. Definitely a special place to be though.

I only can speak to the blue accents that I have in my 13, I doubt the Orange would since it's got a gloss finish.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Couple More Questions ... Molten Orange is my favorite exterior color.

1) For the 2011-12 years that offered Molten Orange a larger Uconnect Touchscreen was part of the factory options right? I've seen some with one and some without I believe. Also, How upgradeable is that SYNC system since it's pretty outdated? Can you upgrade to SYNC3 or the version before that at least?

2) Is a backup camera standard on all model years?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah nav was an option on the 2010 - 2012 trucks.

You can't upgrade from sync 1 in the 10-12 trucks to sync 3. you need a 13-14 with sync 2 to start with.

back up camera was optional on 2010 through 2012. pretty sure 13s and 14s were standard.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Yeah nav was an option on the 2010 - 2012 trucks.

You can't upgrade from sync 1 in the 10-12 trucks to sync 3. you need a 13-14 with sync 2 to start with.

back up camera was optional on 2010 through 2012. pretty sure 13s and 14s were standard.

I was hoping you weren't going to say that. I'm assuming plenty of owners have taken the factory touchscreen out of a 2011-12 and replaced it with something aftermarket right? I need to watch some videos but my only concern there is the climate controls (specifically heated seats and wheel if it even has them) are usually on the SYNC system and don't have a button on the dash right? Ambient Lighting typically is on there and not a button either.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yeah that's why I bought mine, could have saved a few $$ by getting a 12 but the changes in 13 made it worth it.

there's lots of videos of guys doing aftermarket 8 inch units in the 2010-2012s, and they keep the manual HVAC / seat controls. there's no heated steering wheels in the gen 1s.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
haha yeah that's why I bought mine, could have saved a few $$ by getting a 12 but the changes in 13 made it worth it.

there's lots of videos of guys doing aftermarket 8 inch units in the 2010-2012s, and they keep the manual HVAC / seat controls. there's no heated steering wheels in the gen 1s.

Good to know. I'll watch those videos. The Molten Orange just stands out so much. It's going to come down to the color or tech and that's a tough one to decide between. The blue isn't bad but the orange is the one I first remember seeing years ago and said "I'm going to own that one day"