Another Lemon goes back to Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptoragecar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been away from the forum for a looooong time because due the issues with my truck I lost any interest in it. I should say thanks to ford I lost any interest in it.
I had a bunch of rattling noise from the driver front hub. Occasionally the hub would engage causing the car to steer or slid.
The engine would make rattling sound on cold start.
Electrical and infotainment too long to list.
driving mode would not change.
After many visit to different dealers I gave up.
One thing a mechanic told me during my visits is that Ford doesn't pay them enough to diagnose and repair when weird stuff happens. True or not I couldn't deal with it no more. Even if I loved every single drive, until thigs got weird.
Now Ford is buying it back and I am buying an amazing 2005 Ford Excursion!
In my case until I filed legal paper against ford they didn't care at all. After they were ready to buy it back no question asked.
That my 2 cents.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3 L diesel is indestructible...V10 gas had its share of problems

what year and how many miles have you had on that Raptor?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have an incompetent dealer. IWE Hubs are a simple fix. There’s a TSB for rattle on cold start. You probably could have sold it for more than got from the repurchase, makes no sense. The legal fees that the manufacturer has to pay plus the cost of the buyback is astronomical. Guess who absorbs that cost? WE as consumers do. Then people wonder why the cost of new vehicles goes up every year by so much, the money is going in the pockets of scumbag lawyers. I’m guessing you must be in commmiefornia, it’s the only state where you can get a vehicle bought back for any ridiculous reason.

The truck won’t go back to Ford. It goes to a dealer and then typically auction. The title gets branded as well, which pulls resale on everyone else’s vehicle down.

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have an incompetent dealer. IWE Hubs are a simple fix. There’s a TSB for rattle on cold start. You probably could have sold it for more than got from the repurchase, makes no sense. The legal fees that the manufacturer has to pay plus the cost of the buyback is astronomical. Guess who absorbs that cost? WE as consumers do. Then people wonder why the cost of new vehicles goes up every year by so much, the money is going in the pockets of scumbag lawyers. I’m guessing you must be in commmiefornia, it’s the only state where you can get a vehicle bought back for any ridiculous reason.

The truck won’t go back to Ford. It goes to a dealer and then typically auction. The title gets branded as well, which pulls resale on everyone else’s vehicle down.
I typically enjoy your posts/replies because you are one of the more knowledgeable folks on the forum. However, you appear to be throwing a ton of shade at the guy for Ford either being unwilling or unable to fix his problems. He had multiple issues and visited multiple dealers to get the problems fixed, and they weren't fixed. If I was in his shoes, I'd be pursuing a buy back too and wouldn't give two ***** what it does to your resale value. You're blaming him for his problems and blaming him for Ford raising prices. Both are Fords fault.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I typically enjoy your posts/replies because you are one of the more knowledgeable folks on the forum. However, you appear to be throwing a ton of shade at the guy for Ford either being unwilling or unable to fix his problems. He had multiple issues and visited multiple dealers to get the problems fixed, and they weren't fixed. If I was in his shoes, I'd be perusing a buy back too and wouldn't give two ***** what it does to your resale value. You're blaming him for his problems and blaming him for Ford raising prices. Both are Fords fault.
The DEALER is the one who didn't fix the issues; I'm not seeing where he gave Ford corporate the chance before retaining legal counsel. There has to be more to the story, to not get a simple IWE issue and Phaser TSB resolved makes no sense. All that needed to be done was open a case and request a field engineer, or call BBB and request arbitration. Both would have provided Ford the opportunity to fix both issues.

He mentions "infotainment issues", yet comments in a thread about an aftermarket "Phoenix" replacement system not functioning properly. That's not on the manufacturer whatsoever.

It's not personal. I just can't stand seeing scumbag lemon law lawyers get rich and dealers get off the hook for not properly fixing a vehicle because they're incompetent.

Last edited:

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense, but this is a $70k+ vehicle and people rely on it to get to work, get their kids to school, etc. There should be no pushback when a customer comes in with a legitimate complaint regarding something that isn't their fault. You sell it, you understand it, now you go fix it if it isn't right. No one wants to take on the responsibility of driving from dealership to dealership, dropping it off, finding a ride home, finding a ride back...that's a enormous PITA, especially for people who work for a living. And the end buyer shouldn't need to become an expert in cam phasers or hubs...that's the SA's job. I'm a car person so I tend to enjoy understanding the mechanics of how things work, but it's beyond annoying when these companies take your money and then couldn't care less if something ends up being defective, or that you're bothering them when something needs to be repaired. Take it a little more seriously. This gets exponentially more annoying the more the vehicle costs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
raptoragecar

raptoragecar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I spent hours repeating my concerns to the dealers employees to solve the problems. I got to the point that I spoke in person and over the phone with the dealership and Ford customer service for over 5 hours in 10 days. I have a family and a life so I was no longer willing to waste my time. I felt like I had to convince them there was a problem to be resolved and only after they would take action.
I know the vehicle has defects so I would not sell it, I think is a cheap move. I try to respect others.
I was interested in the Phoenix system because I was getting frustrated with the SYNC, but I never actually got to the point to install it.
I think the dealers should get more responsibility for their action or inaction.