Another Lemon goes back to Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was wondering if you still believe that these Gen 2 Ford Raptors are not prone to having many inherent problems? It seems to me that completely stock trucks, "mall crawlers" are dumping parts and causing many loyal Ford and first time Ford owners to get a really bad experience due to the many inherent problems the trucks come with and the trouble Ford has getting them repaired correctly?

My engine still sounds normal today.
Also, I was driving my Jen Too last Friday and it was awesome.
:cool:

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re only going to see posts from people that have a concern. Nobody posts to say “engine still sounds normal today” or “great news, no recalls this month”. Ford sells close to a million F-Series a year; there are tens of millions of them on the road. As with any mass produced product, there will be a certain percentage of defects.

I’m not sure what “inherent problems” you’re referring too, but the most common ones that I’m familiar with have all been addressed with a TSB or recall. The cam phaser issue was resolved through a new calibration and updated parts for those that had an issue.
Thanks for the information ..I really want to keep having fun with my truck. I have never had so much fun in a truck and piloting my Raptor makes everything else I drive (truck wise) feels slow and boring. I like the light v6, the torque, the 500hp, and the 18mpg that I can get at 70mph on flatland. I am debating finishing the suspension due to the cash flow and possible future major mechanical problems...I know the transmission was burned up before I bought it. I feel like once I get the cam phasers updated, keep changing the oil in engine and transmission as she burns these fluids as would be expected due to twin turbos, aftermarket tuning and my driving style...lol...the original transmission tuning was terrible , I think Ford has made great updates to the shifting...Praying for no major drama!

LMK if you see anything that I should know. I apologize for my comments directed at you in the past. My bedside manner is terrible

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2018 that I purchased new has had a few issues nothing major Cam Phaser and such but I also have modded mine not as much as some on here that have some awesome builds but like me they also know what I do to the truck changes slightly what a reasonable Service Advisor will say affected my truck and might or might not be covered under warranty. As FordTechOne and a few others have said the key is finding a great Dealer and service advisor in that dealer to be step one! And as some have mentioned the post on here are either I have/had this problem has anyone got any fix or idea. Or you have this is some awesome thing I’ve done or found to help with your experience with the truck. But I think most people driving a Raptor would probably say they have had little to no problems because most guys I know that have one have had little to no problems. Also a health dose of just pausing before we attack on here might go along way? Just saying. Hope those couple guys on this post that have had problems get them figured out and maybe some of us on here can lend a helping voice.