Another interior rattle thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been searching for the source of two rattles I’ve been experiencing. The truck is 2018 with 22k miles and have never been offroad.
1. Interior rattle/creaking seems to be coming from the rear seat area. It sounds like the seatbelt hitting plastic. Everyone here seems to thing it is sunroof related so I followed all the recommendations of cleaning / spraying silicon and the problem is still unresolved. I decided to go after the second source of moonroof rattle by adjusting the alignment screws and putting a foam tape between tabs and the body frame and still no luck.
Today I decided I drive on the driveway ramp to replicated the noise with the rear doors open and the noise went away. It certainly m sounds like the noise is coming from the rear door seals or door latch as the body flexes. Opening the rear windows seems to help as well. So I put some tape of the door latch and well as using the recommended lube on the door weather stripping and I think the noise is somewhat reduced. Any feed back is much appreciated on this one.

2. Exterior rattle sound coming from the rear suspension area when Shutting the door with some force. I have no clue where this is coming from.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been searching for the source of two rattles I’ve been experiencing. The truck is 2018 with 22k miles and have never been offroad.
1. Interior rattle/creaking seems to be coming from the rear seat area. It sounds like the seatbelt hitting plastic. Everyone here seems to thing it is sunroof related so I followed all the recommendations of cleaning / spraying silicon and the problem is still unresolved. I decided to go after the second source of moonroof rattle by adjusting the alignment screws and putting a foam tape between tabs and the body frame and still no luck.
Today I decided I drive on the driveway ramp to replicated the noise with the rear doors open and the noise went away. It certainly m sounds like the noise is coming from the rear door seals or door latch as the body flexes. Opening the rear windows seems to help as well. So I put some tape of the door latch and well as using the recommended lube on the door weather stripping and I think the noise is somewhat reduced. Any feed back is much appreciated on this one.

2. Exterior rattle sound coming from the rear suspension area when Shutting the door with some force. I have no clue where this is coming from.
Late response did you check the jack? Mine rattled

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a panoramic moonroof, look for the thread on how to clean and grease the seals. I had a creaking noise that I thought was coming from the rear seat area and doing that got rid of it.