GEN 2 Another Gen 2 traded...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was an 800a, so MSRP was only $58k. As far an being a Lincoln employee, there are no special deals or employee discounts for specialty vehicles - Raptor, Shelby, Roush, etc.
It's pretty funny, folks buying the luxury package because resale and not realizing that many used buyers aren't educated enough to care and will pay the same or nearly the same price for a lesser package.

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty funny, folks buying the luxury package because resale and not realizing that many used buyers aren't educated enough to care and will pay the same or nearly the same price for a lesser package.

Agreed! And someone will buy it 'because it's a Raptor'. For me, it's like I had the smallest and least expensive house in the neighborhood - the $75k Raptors really brought the value of mine up!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine that you're missing an opportunity. I'm gonna sit tight since there's nothing I'd rather drive. Life it too short to pinch pennies.
Missing the opportunity to find out what the next cam phaser/plastic pan scenario may be on the completely redesigned F150/Raptor? Sure I guess lol

I had my ‘18 totaled late 2020 & had ins check where I literally could’ve bought ANY truck or SUV I wanted within reason (aside from lambo/X5M/cayenne turbo type stuff) so again, like when I had my ‘15 GMC Sierra totaled, I went vehicle shopping w/ as open a mind I could & drove em all pretty much.....& then came full circle & wound up back in the only decent 801a new 2020 truck I could locate in lead foot grey. Not looking back one bit.

if I pocket$20-$25k of my ins. Check & got a 6.2 AT4, or a Laramie 5.7 or F150 sport etc Id just be kicking myself every friggin time I’d see a Raptor drive by, or any time I got the itch to mess around offroad.

that being said, inflation is real & it’s already here, regardless what yellen says

D

Deleted member 17706

Great deal! But you can’t tell me that the Explorer ST won’t lose more money over the next 12-24 months than what a 2020 Raptor will.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reached out to my sales guy who now works at Chevy and he said they would buy anything. My KBB value went up 2k this week so trade in is $69-$74k. Waiting to see what he says. Lol

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did you get new for $56k? I bought mine same time and never saw a deal close to that.

I purchased a late “leftover” 2018 801a screw w/ a good amount of options new in feb of that year that stickered for $67k, I paid $59,500 & that price included a roll up Ford tonneau & a $1000 credit toward a 100k b2b Ford warranty that I had to fork over another $670 for. Total price $60220 + $3763 ttl + put on $2200 worth of mods = $66183 give or take all in aside from gas/oil/ins

that truck got totaled in oct 2020 & ins paid $68.8k.....take that fwiw

D

Deleted member 17706

I reached out to my sales guy who now works at Chevy and he said they would buy anything. My KBB value went up 2k this week so trade in is $69-$74k. Waiting to see what he says. Lol
How many miles you got on your 19?

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing against an 800a Raptor but the buyer of a used one for $70k+ will fall in the fool and his money are soon parted category.

Last edited: