GEN 2 Another Gen 2 traded...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually agree with that, but I think we can all agree that the 800a Raptor is 'truly' worth about $50-52k in a normal market. Yes, I know it is worth what someone is willing to pay, but prior to now, it should have had a fair market value in that low $50k range. So even if the market settled back to 'normal', the Raptor would "lose" $15-18k in value. Or maybe the market never corrects, and this new hyper-inflation is just the new normal. Who knows?

depends who the buyer is & what their intentions are & what the market can bear. Lots of variables. When I was searching high & low to replace my totaled well optioned 2018 801a screw back in Nov/Dec of 2020 there were very few new Raptors left in inventory & the market was just starting to really turn to the seller’s favor. There were very few 801a’s within 500 miles of my home & every day I looked it seemed slimmer. The 802a trucks all had min $2500 (or $5k) ADM & at least a 1/3 oddly were “rocky ridge” package ones w/ a ****** lift & 20” wheels that I certainly didn’t want.

the “best” option I had for an 801a truck once I realized how tight things were turned out to be 25 miles away @ one of the biggest dealers in MA - Quirk. They only had 2 Raptors left a magnetic 800a & a lead foot 801a, well I told em if i can get at least some kind of deal I’d essentially be a cash buyer on the spot & went to the dealer next day

when I walked in the salesman I was speaking to was like “glad you came in today b/c now I only have ONE raptor left on the lot” - immediately my heart sank & I assumed it was the lead foot 801a truck I wanted that was sold- NOPE it was the 800a one

and it apparently was sold to a New England patriots player who specifically was looking for an 800a b/c a) already knew the raptor game & getting GAPED by the huge dealer Rodman across the street from stadium w/ crazy adm + dealer markups on “customization” w/ the fully loaded ones & b) he knew 100% he was gonna go to town w/ modding it new stereo/wheels/tires/wrap/custom interior etc etc - was sent to a local shop straight from the dealer after purchase.

While I don’t know which player it was, Im pretty sure whomever it was could surely afford an 802a loaded to the gills Raptor (or 1 for every day of the week) but instead was specifically looking for an 800a cuz that’s what he wanted, a clean slate for customization @ a fair price w/ the important stuff that makes a raptor a raptor all there.

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thinking I should do the same with my 2012 with 64k miles.
Not actively looking but if a deal like that was offered I wouldn't turn it down. Buying a house soon and could use the extra cash. i can always jump back into an "R" next year.