Another Dealership Screw Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that is why you don’t use an impact gun on small parts. Idiots just over torque everything as they don’t give a shit, as it isn’t theirs.
Exactly!! Plus they don’t start the bolts by hand first. Just load them in the socket and impact away! SMH…

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a part number or sizes to list? That bracket nut is def an issue. I've been pulling my skid to do the past 3 oil changes and I hit those bolts with some synthetic grease from my gun so that they came off nice and smooth. I loosen them with a ratchet, but then use an impact wrench after that for sure.
W719490 S439 are the 4 clip nuts at the front of the front skid plate. Pretty sure the back 2 bolts are the same nuts. I like to keep a pack of fresh nuts on hand to replace as necessary. I take the entire skid off for oil changes.

W710650 S439 are the nuts for the oil filter access panel on the front skid plate. W505594 S440 are the bolts.

The parts department also got me W718396 S439. Pretty sure these are the middle skid plate nuts but haven’t confirmed. They had a hard time finding all the nuts in the parts diagram.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
W719490 S439 are the 4 clip nuts at the front of the front skid plate. Pretty sure the back 2 bolts are the same nuts. I like to keep a pack of fresh nuts on hand to replace as necessary. I take the entire skid off for oil changes.

W710650 S439 are the nuts for the oil filter access panel on the front skid plate. W505594 S440 are the bolts.

The parts department also got me W718396 S439. Pretty sure these are the middle skid plate nuts but haven’t confirmed. They had a hard time finding all the nuts in the parts diagram.
Is there a reason you take the whole skid off? I’m able to do mine just fine leaving it on. Just curious

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason you take the whole skid off? I’m able to do mine just fine leaving it on. Just curious
I read some found it easier to just remove the whole thing so that’s what I did the first time. Good thing because the filter was really really tight and it was nice to have the extra room. I just snug it myself so I’m sure the access panel would be just fine now. Are you able to fully clean the catch pan under the filter through the access panel?

Regardless, I’d probably still take the skids off. I like to be able to give everything visual once over and do a bolt check here and there. Feel it might give me a chance of catching any problems and doing a little cleaning while I’m under there.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d love info on how to do a clean oil change without dropping the skid. Minus use a valve. I just don’t want one. I know it’s prob easier 100% but I’d guess I’d want to hear from a Gen 1 or 2 owner that’s had one for 6 or so years before I put my faith behind the it.

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d love info on how to do a clean oil change without dropping the skid. Minus use a valve. I just don’t want one. I know it’s prob easier 100% but I’d guess I’d want to hear from a Gen 1 or 2 owner that’s had one for 6 or so years before I put my faith behind the it.
Not sure a valve is needed for the drain. Haven’t had an issue just using the drain bolt. Oil clears the skid plate through the access panel.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2017 Platinum that had a park assist button go out. The tech destroyed the center console trying to replace it and returned it to me that way without saying a word. The trim was just sitting on the console and the plastic around the media tray was broken on both ends. I got the service manager to replace it and then the usb hub went out. They broke it again. When the door latch recall was completed the tech used a screw driver to take the door panels apart and put a hole in the armrest. That had to be replaced and during that replacement the tech hit the mirror on the lift. It was one thing after another.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2017 Platinum that had a park assist button go out. The tech destroyed the center console trying to replace it and returned it to me that way without saying a word. The trim was just sitting on the console and the plastic around the media tray was broken on both ends. I got the service manager to replace it and then the usb hub went out. They broke it again. When the door latch recall was completed the tech used a screw driver to take the door panels apart and put a hole in the armrest. That had to be replaced and during that replacement the tech hit the mirror on the lift. It was one thing after another.
Most of these “techs” are complete unqualified ******* morons.