Another dealer playing games

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no breach contract. Someone left a deposit on their own will and stated (according to OP that they would sell at MSRP). I didn't see anything about guarantee of sale of x vehicle. Just a deposit (refunadable) and they would sell at MSRP. I'm sure they would...but they didn't sell him the car, so there is no breach. I would need to read 'contract' --but dealers are not dummies--they are covered in their contracts.

I'm not on their side--just into the facts.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with this, it would make a big impact, or put in some reviews.....depends on how bitter you are, at least we know that that dealer stinks
Remember folks…we are dealing with car salesman and a car dealership…it isn‘t exactly news or contrary to what many hold to be common…car salespeople and car dealerships are by and large the least ethical sales force…there are simply to many opportunities for individuals to act dishonestly…there is a sales process in Place that rewards taking advantage of the consumer….I would be upset if this happened to me….I would vent a little, then move on…time is precious and wasting it on a car purchase gone bad is a loosing proposition…..The only time a media or a social posting with a public review might assist is if maybe if an employee or costco, Nordstrom, and maybe Safelite glass( I have had great customer service there) did something unethical ….these companies value customers and have pride in the public image…car dealerships (95%) do not care so….

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill collwell Ford was decent enough from the start and was very helpful. I was on there list for approx 6/7 months and was up to submit an order for a 22.
Had a signed contract which stated I gave them a deposit and they would sell at msrp. They are in fact selling at msrp, but the owner decided he would negate any list and give the allocations to his friends in the area. I am getting my deposit back and the salesman was extremely apologetic.
While I understand it is ultimately the dealers business and they can do what they want. Why do they need to perpetuate the stereotype of being sneaky and untrustworthy?

Did the dealer/sales guy provide you with anything in writing or proof? I confirmed via text with my guy on the front end and had him provide a copy of the term sheet indicating price and copy of a receipt when he ran my deposit.

It’s a stretch and I’m sure Ford will stand behind the dealer, but I would at least forward all of your information to Ford corporate. Copy owner of dealership, regional V.P.’s, and these guys at Ford (pick the Top 3), send a letter and you can probably find their emails with a little digging. You never know who’s desk it may land on:

OP
OP
LouK

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the dealer/sales guy provide you with anything in writing or proof? I confirmed via text with my guy on the front end and had him provide a copy of the term sheet indicating price and copy of a receipt when he ran my deposit.

It’s a stretch and I’m sure Ford will stand behind the dealer, but I would at least forward all of your information to Ford corporate. Copy owner of dealership, regional V.P.’s, and these guys at Ford (pick the Top 3), send a letter and you can probably find their emails with a little digging. You never know who’s desk it may land on:

Yes I have a signed contract stating that by providing deposit they agree to sell raptor at msrp.
I do not feel the need to blast it everywhere just didn’t want someone on here to be waiting for months to just get the answer I did.
There is also no technical “breach of contract” since I’m sure if they ever did get a raptor allocation they did not give to someone else they would in fact sell it at msrp.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a signed contract stating that by providing deposit they agree to sell raptor at msrp.
I do not feel the need to blast it everywhere just didn’t want someone on here to be waiting for months to just get the answer I did.
There is also no technical “breach of contract” since I’m sure if they ever did get a raptor allocation they did not give to someone else they would in fact sell it at msrp.
Bottom line…it’s a SH!TTY way of doing business. Nothing wrong with “blasting” them in a professional manner. If it were me..I’d send a formal letter to Ford purely stating the facts and asking if they condone these types of actions (if anything they may call the dealer and give him a hand slap); I would provide the same as a negative review on their social media platforms; and look into filing a formal complaint with any local agency that they may have to obtain any licenses from as part of conducting business.

Probably not the first time they have done this nor will it be the last, but I would defiantly get in a FEMALE-DOG-SLAP across the face!!!

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason dealers are so shady….sorry to hear about your sale going sideways.

Attachments

• 9AA4F4C9-3B95-4863-8DBC-216029A96963.jpeg
    9AA4F4C9-3B95-4863-8DBC-216029A96963.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 6DBA2B8A-76A3-4AB5-8D49-A3F215620BF9.png
    6DBA2B8A-76A3-4AB5-8D49-A3F215620BF9.png
    512.5 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
LouK

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a side note the sales guy feels so bad about this he began reaching out to dealers and contacts he has. Another dealer he reached out to is contacting me with an open allocation.

irojas

Reaction score
Ford needs to go the way of Tesla, all ordering done online. First come first serve. If you ordered and paid cash you should get yours at msrp first
I totally agree with you and have said this in other posts. Not only this would end all these dealers' abuse, but also eliminate all the unnecessary time we all have to spend at the dealer to get the paperwork done and decline all the rest of BS services they try to sneak in.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason dealers are so shady….sorry to hear about your sale going sideways.
HA! That looks to be Worthington Ford in Long Beach, CA!!! If you have time, can you go back and tell “Ike” to stop calling me everyday, unless he wants to pay me $50k over MSRP for mine.