Another Covid boredom project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCRaptor643

Reaction score
I read a few threads on courtesy lights for step bars, so during my downtime, I decided to tackle this project. The LED lights come on/off based on lock/unlock, it is much brighter than the photo. I know many ppl tried to find the proper wire to tap into, I noticed several purple/gry wires, I was able to test them to find the proper one but it was located towards the bottom of the bundle of wires. I clean the undercarriage wiring so it is virtually unnoticeable.

Stepbar lights.jpg

toeknee

Reaction score
Looks amazing, great job! I liked the lights I had on my last truck with the Amp Research power steps, I might do something like this. Can you share specifically what wires you tapped into to power/trigger the lights?

Sanco

Reaction score
very clean, I'm always a big fan of projects that are a touch of custom but look like they came from factory.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, in anticipation of the write up it would be great if you could post links to the materials including the lights you used. Thank you