Another cam phaser thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnBronco

Reaction score
Hey,

So I've been shopping for a Gen 2, and have been doing a lot of research about the cam phaser problems I see all over the forum. Every carfax I pull lists the FSA 21B10 on it, from what I've seen on here that doesn't mean that the software flash was conducted. How can I find out if it's been done? Some of the carfax list cam phaser replacement right after the 21B10. Sorry if I missed this in another thread, just want to make sure if I buy one the extended coverage for phaser replacement is there. Thanks in advance

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/?vin=1FTFW1RG6KFA11437 and substitute the VIN for the VIN of the vehicle you are looking at, of course, will tell you if there's still any open recalls. I don't think there's a way to tell when a recall was performed, though, which with cam phasers may be important given the warranty period if done 'on time'.

Viral Peas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently check out the carfax on my truck and notice that the cam phaser work (not the TSB) wasn't showing up (was done back in Feb). I suspect that not all dealers report data to carfax. I'm sure someone on here can confirm if Ford dealerships share that information with each other.

aeroclown

Reaction score
Has anyone else been told by a dealership that they cannot have the programming update since the 21B10 program had expired even if you have a letter in hand. I’m not particularly concerned with the warranty portion of the CSA or a cost to have the programming done.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been told by a dealership that they cannot have the programming update since the 21B10 program had expired even if you have a letter in hand. I’m not particularly concerned with the warranty portion of the CSA or a cost to have the programming done.
My 2019 had her cam phasers replaced a year ago. Still got a rattle. She’s currently in for a list of TSB warranty work, one of which is the 21B10 reprogram. However, the dealershit I went to initially told me they don’t even have 21B10 in their system anymore. After they reacted “unfavorably” when I showed them the printed copies of all the TSB’s stating that the issues I had were covered under warranty, I took my Gen 2 elsewhere. This service advisor was able to look up all cam phaser related work done to her and said they were well aware of the 21B10 program and would take care of it despite the program ending on 7/31/22.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The warranty coverage for 21B10 expired, but they can still do the update as customer pay.