Another Brake Pedal/Windshield Wiper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
My bet is that it is not a pulse in brake pressure but a vibration felt in the pedal. The wiper motor and pedal assembly are both mounted to the cowl/firewall. As the wipers move back and forth you feel the pulse/vibration from the wiper motor in the pedal.

as a matter of fact i was just about to post the same thing cause it is raining today and i paid attention- all i felt was some vibration from the wipers. hell, the whole truck rocks side to side with the motion of the wipers so i can deal with a little pedal vibration. pulsating pedal is something entirely different.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I have this issue, well not really issue, but this too. Its kinda strange the first time I felt it. It doesn't really bother me that much anymore though.

champcaracing

Reaction score
how about its raining, wipers are on. then you hit the brake pedal. bet its the abs kicking in. freaked the hell out my girlfriend when she had it for 3 weeks. ok it was snow due to where i live but wet pavement is wet pavement. just a thought???

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'll be sitting at a light waiting, with the wipers going and I'll feel the pulse every time they wipe.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I use offroad mode. I don't need brakes.

Never noticed any bad vibes from the brakes at all with wipers on - but I use RainX so a lot of the time I don't need wipers.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I think you should change your blinker fluid and check your Panooter valve!

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I would agree with power fluctuations and also agree with the fact they are bolted in a pretty close together. If anyone ever pushes on a clutch, brake pedal or anything of the sort you can see your firewall flexing. Your wiper motor has got some torque behind it each time it turns on the torque itself would be enough to flex the firewall and be able to resonate through the brake pedal.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good. I was going to ask you all if this was normal. Not that its a big deal, just a bit annoying.

I figured they mounted the wiper motor on top of the break pedal or something like that.