Another Blow to the Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FCA is now certifying certain RAM TRX Dealers as 'Power Brokers' for their similar Direct Connection modifications. It appears there will be 3 Stages of mods that when installed by these dealers are fully warranted. Stage 2 looks like an upper pulley and tune, ~+100 HP taking the TRX to ~800hp with full factory warranty. KOONS in VA just announced they now received the "Power Broker" certification. The goalposts were just moved again for Ford.....

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, 800HP/off road. that is some serious HP to control. Sounds like suspension, steering, and braking would need to be revised as well. all the power is no good if it just gets things broken. It will be interesting to see what the package looks like, and if Ford will authorize Roush and others to do some similar upgrades. Going to be an interesting show before the enviro-****'s shut it all down.

savela

Reaction score
Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. 15mpg daily driver. Love my gen 2 and will love my gen 3. O could have purchased a TRX for under msrp. Pass. Nice truck and all but not a raptor. Appears upgraded focus on suspension and not so much on hp. That’s where it’s at. IMHO.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting play for FCA. Give certain dealers a badge to wear and a license to bump a tune on an already powerful motor. Not sure the margins would be there to offset blowing your driveline or trans on a warranty repair. Juice not worth the squeeze……

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing these in house tunes will cost a bit more than aftermarket tunes in order to cover the warranty. As well, it might discourage the after market tuners from spending much effort on it.

Don't know, if someone's out there looking for the most HP they can get, regardless of cost, I'm not sure this really helps Ram win the deal.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy
Interesting play for FCA. Give certain dealers a badge to wear and a license to bump a tune on an already powerful motor. Not sure the margins would be there to offset blowing your driveline or trans on a warranty repair. Juice not worth the squeeze……
Easy way to keep the horsepower crown. Limit the dealers enough that warranty cost is minimal. ******, but fair

Edit to add s l e a z y? Really?

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy

Easy way to keep the horsepower crown. Limit the dealers enough that warranty cost is minimal. ******, but fair

Edit to add s l e a z y? Really?
My take is that FCA is limiting dealers to those with a very proven service department (which is a very good thing), not unlike Ford Techs who have the Certs to work on FGTs.

FCA / Dodge has a long-standing precedence here for decades with their Certified Viper Techs, those are the only guys (and only at one dealership 1500 miles from home) who have ever touched mine..

Again, just MHO, if Ford would give us a tune from 450-510 to 525/600 (which we all know is very doable and safe) that did not void the warranty, almost all of us would be all over it...

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ Yep, My guess is they will be included. I can see how RAM could be naturally excluded from the initial Power Broker D/C announcement as they are the single Hellcat outlier. Seems to be something between the lines of KOONS' announcement of being selected as a PB on the TRX Forum. Standing by.

It's a very good time to be a guy guy all around. Enjoy while we can, this won't be around much longer....

Last edited: