Another Almost Deadly Encounter with Jake, The Snake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At over 80 outside, Jake was all warmed up and ready to rumble. We have quite a collection of cousins of Jake's just 5 miles east of me. They like to stretch out in the middle of the road and soak up more sun. I normally stop and shoo them on their way before one of my redneck buddies uses them for a speed bump. If given the opportunity I politely ask them to catch rodents elsewhere. On the west side of my valley where I live in the timber, I have never seen one. Though I do find some distant relations that are pretty interesting.

20131018_150936.jpg

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At over 80 outside, Jake was all warmed up and ready to rumble. We have quite a collection of cousins of Jake's just 5 miles east of me. They like to stretch out in the middle of the road and soak up more sun. I normally stop and shoo them on their way before one of my redneck buddies uses them for a speed bump. If given the opportunity I politely ask them to catch rodents elsewhere. On the west side of my valley where I live in the timber, I have never seen one. Though I do find some distant relations that are pretty interesting.

View attachment 348808
The only Good snake is a dead snake!!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My youngest of 3 is the world‘s champion animal lover. When she was growing up you name it, she had it, bird, guinea pig, dogs, but I drew the line when she wanted a snake. I said, sweetheart, when you are all grown up and have your own place, have at it. Not here.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Nope, nope and nope, he can have that water hole. In my experience if there is one there are more.
Always more. My friend in Texas many moons ago sent me a picture of a Winter “Den” must have been 50 or more!
Now that’s Scatter-Gun time…. Or relocate them to someone else’s property :biggun::biggun: