Another Almost Deadly Encounter with Jake, The Snake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Silver

Reaction score
Wow, the desert is so beautiful and your getting so much more
of it. Check the high water mark above the pond.
Wont be lake Mead anymore just the Colorado river.
How will Vegas survive?
A redundant dam, ouch...

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yuk...'can't stand them.

And attack mode with no rattling is now their current biological evolution. Wildlife biologists in TX are saying that their genetics have evolved that way as a survival mechanism since the rattling gives them away to hogs.

Training area at work has them everywhere. Have to watch every step. The 5-footer pictured was waiting in the dark in 44-degrees. I was shocked it wasn't underground, and that it could move. Woulda stepped on it if it weren't for NVGs.

IMG_0752.JPGIMG_0751.JPG

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuk...'can't stand them.

And attack mode with no rattling is now their current biological evolution. Wildlife biologists in TX are saying that their genetics have evolved that way as a survival mechanism since the rattling gives them away to hogs.

Training area at work has them everywhere. Have to watch every step. The 5-footer pictured was waiting in the dark in 44-degrees. I was shocked it wasn't underground, and that it could move. Woulda stepped on it if it weren't for NVGs.

View attachment 349097View attachment 349098
Little venomous bastards, I've looked at bite-proof gaiters a few times, if I was there I'd definitely invest in a pair.

MPRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Thx for sharing. Cant really blame Jake tho……..you’d be pissed if u found some yahoo in ur hot tub in the back yard, lol. Always tense when you see Jake tho, I hate those surprise encounters, scary as h e l l.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Yuk...'can't stand them.

View attachment 349097View attachment 349098
Is that a ColdSteel Tanto or a custom blade?