Another AC Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

specsniper

Reaction score
I think my question/issue is different than those already posted. When it is a hot day and first start the AC it will blow extremely hard, almost like an extra gear in the blower motor. I've noticed lately that the blower no longer hits that "extra gear". Thinking back on it I believe I noticed the motor unusually kick off the high gear when still hot in the truck and since then I have had this issue. Hopefully my description makes sense. Is there a fuse, switch or something that controls the strength of the blower motor? It blows nice and cold but I'd like how it used to really cool the truck down fast and now it takes much longer. Thanks for any help.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know exactly what you are saying. In the last month some times it seems like the blower is running down a notch. I have not been able to find a reason and it doesn't seem to have that issue all the time. I always have my AC set at low on Max Cool and only adjust fan speeds in the morning when cool.

Mark

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen to mine as well, Florida gets pretty hot in the summer. Originally I thought it might be the thermostat. However, being a Software Engineer, I think now it is some type of programming issue since many owners report this problem. I have two workarounds you might try:

1) When you first get in, and it's hot outside, press the MAX button until it cools down, then switch to Auto. Obvious answer.
2) When you first get in, and the air is cooler outside, turn the temp down to 65 or so. The fan will kick into high, then I can immediately reset to my desired temp (i.e. 72), and the fan will stay on high until it gets cool.

I also like to remote start on most days to cool it down before I get in. In any event, I don't even notice the problem anymore, just part of my startup procedure now.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...almost like an extra gear in the blower motor. I've noticed lately that the blower no longer hits that "extra gear"...

...In the last month some times it seems like the blower is running down a notch. I have not been able to find a reason and it doesn't seem to have that issue all the time...

I've had this happen to mine as well...

Hey, gang!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest making an appointment at your dealership to get this A/C issue diagnosed and documented. If it happens often enough that you can recreate it for your tech, please be sure to try it when you're there. How many miles are on your trucks?

Crystal

OP
OP
specsniper

specsniper

Reaction score
Hey, gang!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest making an appointment at your dealership to get this A/C issue diagnosed and documented. If it happens often enough that you can recreate it for your tech, please be sure to try it when you're there. How many miles are on your trucks?

Crystal

I plan on scheduling an appointment with the local dealer to look at the AC and also tell my why my front camera disconnected from the front grill and now can not re-attach.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I plan on scheduling an appointment with the local dealer to look at the AC and also tell my why my front camera disconnected from the front grill and now can not re-attach.

I'm glad you'll be heading in soon, specsniper; come back and tell us what you find out. Could you give me a rough idea of how many miles are on your truck now? I want to see what I can do to assist.

Crystal