another 5 star review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I struggled with what order of modifications to improve performance. I didn't want to spend the cash for headers, exhaust, CAI and tuners all at the same time. For convenience and cost sake I went with 5 star tune first. I dialed in the 87 performance. I was a little disappointed with the street performance. It was too aggressive and high revving. Then I took it out on some 2 tracks. It really shined off road. It was a night and day difference. I will definitely dial in the 93 performance for serious off road driving. I am going to try the 87 economy tune for smooth in town driving. Thanks for the advice Chris.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The performance tunes are definitely better for offroad unless you just like running at a little higher rpms. Part of what makes them so great offroad is not shifting so quickly at lower rpms so that you aren't in say fifth gear at 25-30mph. The economy tuning is definitely the best overall for the street, I run my economy tuning all the time around here because I rarely need the performance or towing in my regular daily driving.