Angles Landing- Zion National Park…Iconic!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re planning on doing Angels Landing, you now need a permit. Rangers are checking for permits and will turn you around if you don’t have one. Rumor has it that if youre there before the rangers, you’re good to go but I don’t have confirmation

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
How far away is this from raptor assault? Looks like something to add to a raptor assault trip.
Its about 5 hours. If you go, be sure to make reservations for Zion Park access in advance or you will be scrambling. Its only $2.00. If you don't have the reservation, then there are guide companies that charge over $4O per person.

I'm heading back to Raptor assuat in June.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its about 5 hours. If you go, be sure to make reservations for Zion Park access in advance or you will be scrambling. Its only $2.00. If you don't have the reservation, then there are guide companies that charge over $4O per person.

I'm heading back to Raptor assuat in June.
And you need a permit to do Angels Landing

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The permit system was implemented in the hopes of lessening congestion on the trail and possibly keeping people from dying. About 6 people a year fall off the trail and die. It is a long ways down.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fantastic pictures and enjoy all you share here. Hiked Angel's Landing in Summer 2015 with my 6 month pregnant wife, her 7 month pregnant friend and my 2 year old daughter in an Osprey pack on my back. Halfway up my daughter started to get pretty scared and I'm telling the ladies how bad of an idea this is. These alpha women are not having any of it and I may have even been called a word that starts with a P by one of them.

The whole way up I was getting 2 distinct looks with my daughter and the pack. 1) "Great job dad, so cool you are getting your kids out there with you" look. 2) "You are a terrible parent and I'm calling Child Services when get a cell signal" look.

We've recently spent a ton of time in Southern Utah taking the trek beyond Northern Arizona from Phoenix and it's been an absolutely pleasure. I'd stop to say we were bored with the normal AZ stuff but we need some new adventures as a family and there is so much there to see and do.

Maybe one day I'll get my 10.18.21 order and 8.22.22 build that is still In Production so we can explore in proper Raptor fashion!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
The permit system was implemented in the hopes of lessening congestion on the trail and possibly keeping people from dying. About 6 people a year fall off the trail and die. It is a long ways down.
Like I said before, punish the masses for the sins of a few. It’s called natural selection. I don’t need the park service or government telling me when it’s safe to hike, to hot , to cold, to many Fning people..
They closed two iconic Hot-Springs hikes near me from June to Oct. Why? Because a few Mfing idiots go on an 8 mile hike when it’s 110 degrees….wearing shorts, no hat, a Fning tank top and Crocks. They carry one or two 12oz bottles of water. Almost die or die and scream for the Rangers to save them….
F U idiots, stupid should hurt!!
I hike the same hike in July , but I am properly prepared.
I predicted this several years ago when some Fning CA , Communist Professor did a study on Allllllll the Deaths on Angels Landing, probably the Sams Azzzzholio that cried about the tragic deaths on Half-Dome..
6- deaths? not often, but it’s an acceptable loss imho when thousands hike it every year. I’ve Fning hiked it when I had to use crampons. If I die, don’t shed a tear, I was doing what I loved and I KNEW AND ACCEPTED THE RISKS.
How many more signs do you need saying, this is dangerous, you could die…
If it’s not for you after reading the signs, stay at the Starfuxk…
No Offense, if anyone reads this and think it applies to them.. ;)

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Fantastic pictures and enjoy all you share here. Hiked Angel's Landing in Summer 2015 with my 6 month pregnant wife, her 7 month pregnant friend and my 2 year old daughter in an Osprey pack on my back. Halfway up my daughter started to get pretty scared and I'm telling the ladies how bad of an idea this is. These alpha women are not having any of it and I may have even been called a word that starts with a P by one of them.

The whole way up I was getting 2 distinct looks with my daughter and the pack. 1) "Great job dad, so cool you are getting your kids out there with you" look. 2) "You are a terrible parent and I'm calling Child Services when get a cell signal" look.

We've recently spent a ton of time in Southern Utah taking the trek beyond Northern Arizona from Phoenix and it's been an absolutely pleasure. I'd stop to say we were bored with the normal AZ stuff but we need some new adventures as a family and there is so much there to see and do.

Maybe one day I'll get my 10.18.21 order and 8.22.22 build that is still In Production so we can explore in proper Raptor fashion!
Give me shout, this is definitely God‘s Country….To many Trails to do, 4x4 and 4xFoot, not enough time on my clock :(