GEN 2 Android Auto - SYNC 3 - Can't answer phone - SOLUTION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hay all -
Not sure if anyone has had this problem but thought I would share a quick solution since it took 2 months to resolve.

I use Android Auto exclusively and have on all my Ford's in the past. For whatever reason I could not answer the phone when in Android Auto. I could make calls, but to answer them I had to quickly unplug my phone (exiting android auto) and answer on the screen. Incredibly annoying.

I had been hoping a software update would fix it, but no joy.

After some digging I found a solution that worked.

Without the phone plugged into the USB, on the main screen for SYNC 3, do this:

go to: Phone - Set Phone Ringtone - Use phone ringtone.

Viola! problem solved.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems android auto has a unique glitch or quirk for everyone. My current gremlin is a loud echo on the oppostite line only present if someone calls me.

Sync dial out = no echo
Sync recieving calls = no echo
AA dial out = no echo
AA recieving calls = echo

I'm going to try that setting and see what happens, thanks!

OP
OP
DarthKickA55

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the echo both dialing and receiving but only occasionally. I usually hang up and call the person back and works fine (usually).

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well DarthKickA55 that seems to have worked, I just went into the settings like you said and I checked the Use Phone Ringtone, not sure how that was different from before but hey it seems to have worked so far. Thank you. I've had this issue for months and everytime someone would call me it would ring and I'd hit the answer button and it would be silent. Then I'd have to hang up and call them back. So glad it's fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts