An Oil Change Solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350Industrial

Reaction score
I researched this method extensively and learned from this forum that there’s a stopper that prevents the tube from going all the way down thus preventing one from getting all the oil out. And to your point, CobraJay, you can only get 3 to 4 quarts out.

350Industrial - how are are getting the tube all the way down to the pan? How much oil are your getting out with the machine? Or is the rest coming out during the filter removal? Yikes!

Honestly, I didn't know about the stopper preventing the tube from going all the way down. I purchased the oil extractor for small engine oil changes, and figured I'd give it a try on the ol Raptor. I was able to get 5+ qts out, which is the same I get out by draining the oil from the drain plug. I did use the smaller of the two tubes from the extractor to run down the dipstick tube though, maybe that's why it went down all the way?

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I use that on my small convertible roadster, for many years, but I would not recommend using it on the Raptor.

My car has a top mount oil filter so everything can be done from the top. I get 99% of the oil out by snaking the suction tube around to different depths, I've gotten to know them by feel. Kinda like doing surgery. I have a line drawn on the vacuum tank and I get the same amount out every time.

The Raptor is an entirely different beast. You're never going to get enough out with the vacuum thing. Then you've still got to get under to screw around with the oil filter.

Fumoto is the way to go. Put 37's on you Raptor and you can almost walk under there. :)