GEN 2 Amsoil oil filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep...they weren’t in the article but I read that from their site too. Shoulda included that extra info since Amsoil seems to be pretty popular on the forum. So they are definitely in that high performance brand territory.

Agreed. They have good quality construction: 100% synthetic media; spring steel; silicone backflow gasket; etc. I’m not worried about the USCAR-36 standard.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also like the Amsoil bypass filtration set up because it, 1.) relocates the filters to a more serviceable location, and 2.) allows the use of an additional bypass filter (one on the left) that filters down to 2 microns.

View attachment 140440

I think about getting that every time I order my oil and filters. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but I agree that it is a really nice setup.

Kru

Reaction score
Yes and no. I am specifically asking what kit and it seems #Kru is using a special mount.

The kit is from the amsoil site and is part #BMK23 along with the correct adapter (part #: BK299). The kit comes with its own mount and you can certainly use that to mount to the frame. I added the 3/16" thick steel plate that I had a machine shop bend in the shape of a "U". I used the amsoil mount plus my fabricated shield to bolt into the frame. I wanted the extra protection to keep flying rocks and debris from damaging the filters. If a truck was strictly driven on the street, it probably wouldn't need the extra steel shield.

You will also need to order the actual oil filters (part #s: EaO26 and EaPB90).