Amsoil mphd heavy duty metal protector (amh)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the first test, I do not agree with your findings, first off anything that stays wet has not adhered itself to the metal, it will be washed off. Thats the results I got in my first test. The biggest offender the fluid flim.

If your truck hits snow, goes thru normal rain or goes off road, your ship has sank with those wet products.

Also when I tried to get the products off after the test the Amsoil was the only on that put up a fight with the obital sander, it was stuck on like glue. Right now as an undercoat the Amsoil wins hands down. Those wet products seem good for indoor applications only. They have no bussiness as a Raptor undercoat.

I am going to try to start my new test in a few weeks. I have added eezox because of the impressive results of this test. But thats just added for the gun people, its no under coat if it stays wet. But could be great for storage of guns. Corrosion Protection Products for Rifles, Shooting, Benchrest Competition, Varminting and Firearms Storage

I completely agree with you on this and maybe I came across wrong with my findings. You are right about the fact that if they stay wet they will come off. Part of what the stage of testing I am in now is after they have been not only exposed to the elements (and salt test), testing how well they protect after exposure to the elements, being in the dirt and then being cleaned. The LPS3 and ACF-50 are great products, but when talking under coating, they would not hold up. They have their uses, but as an undercoating, they would not hold up at all. I also believe that they would attract more road grime than the AMSOIL as well. So far in the current test, the AMSOIL has only faltered where it was actually soaked in salt water, while the rust has spread to other areas of the other test pieces where the salt water shouldn't have effected them.

Hey just a thought. What about clear plastidip for a test?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I had not even considered Plasti Dip, I will have to call them and discuss that with them. But in considering Pasti Dip, we may be making the move to comparing something closer to actual paint than a metal protector.

However, the thing to remember is what we are testing for, use as an under coating. I personally would not use either the LPS3 OR the ACF-50 as undercoating, they just have not performed well for that use. I will have more pics and further explanation soon.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm ordering the amsoil for my truck undercoating very soon.

For firearms, consider trying the Birchwood Casey Barricade.

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have mail Scott. For the firearms, AMSOIL also makes another metal protector that is great for guns.

As quoted from their website:
Displaces water and protects metal surfaces from rust and corrosion. Provides a light film that prevents metal-to-metal contact. Excellent for use on guns, hinges, squeaky mechanical objects, electrical systems and more. Penetrates existing rust buildup. Also dries wet electrical systems.

I also have found that this protector would be the better choice between the two for protecting the electrical system, harnesses, etc under the hood and in the under carriage. It may also be the better choice for shocks, although I have not tested that theory as yet.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not realize the amsoil dried! so now in conjunction with my regular spray on bed type liner undercoating I will have to put on amsoil in the spots the regular undercoating don't go. I would still recommend a regular undercoat along with the amsoil for the best protection.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

by the way how often should one spray on the amsoil

Big Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not realize the amsoil dried! so now in conjunction with my regular spray on bed type liner undercoating I will have to put on amsoil in the spots the regular undercoating don't go. I would still recommend a regular undercoat along with the amsoil for the best protection.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

by the way how often should one spray on the amsoil

What product would you consider for a "regular under coating?" Does anyone have any experience with Valugard?
Automotive International > Home