Amsoil mphd heavy duty metal protector (amh)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The testing products are on their way. But I have found out something, I didn't have any Amsoil MPHD on hand and had to order some, but was notified by a friend about a statement on the can about not being recommended for guns. The product comparison testing is still on and I will still share the info, but don't order it for your guns...

Sorry for the confusion.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked the website you linked, and you have to buy a box of 12? Is it possible I can just get 1 can? PM me a shipped price if that is possible. Thanks

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it is possible to order just one. The cost for shipping just one can will be about $15+/- retail depending on the sales tax rate in your state, etc. (I can save a little bit on a one can order.) When using the link, you can use the drop down menus there to set the amounts of what you want. They offer it in individual cans and 12 can cases.

The minimum shipping on any Amsoil product is $7.10. That being said larger orders are more reasonable so to speak than the smaller orders. I have shipped 30-55 gallon drums of oil for as little as $40 so for those thinking that the shipping of hazardous materials will be too much, it only gets out of hand really if you want to pay the cost of overnight or second day sihpping, etc.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Geeze that's expensive shipping. Does anyone want to split a box or something? I don't need 12 cans but if I'm spending $15 on shipping I might as well buy a few more.

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That $15 is thr total cost of 1 can if you just go to the Amsoil store and order 1 can. The shipping cost in that quote is $7.10. For and example of bulk shipping. The shipping cost itself on a 12 can case is about $9.85.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh sorry. I misread you. I will order later tonight. Question... When I go to create an acct it asks what dealer I've been dealing with. What do I put?

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best thing to put there is my Dealer "ZO" number. (My dealer acct) which is 1678239. Once you finish your order, during check out you should see my name shown as your referring dealer.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I meant to order but I had to make a trip to Orlando. But now I see you're doing a comparison b/w products and I want tos ee how that works out. Thank you for doing the comparison

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries. I am prepping the pieces for spraying and possibly spraying them tonight. I am going to give them a full day or two to dry well in the warmth before putting them outside. Because of the fact that those being tested now are the winners from other tests, i may move straight for the salt solution testing right when they go out.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So how does this compare to your standard thick black petroleum based undercoating?