AMS Turbo adapters and SPD downpipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished installing ASM turbo adapters and SPD high flow downpipes.

Everything seems to fit nicely with no fitment issues and truck sounds great! It’s slightly louder than stock but it really opens up when you floor it! It definitely feel more alive and I like that it doesn’t sound too loud. Perfect combo for day to day driving!

D898D3FB-9A9F-4EDB-9ABA-E477B1449563.jpeg 3D614C3A-EC26-46A3-A2C1-291941450220.jpeg 02293463-9EB3-428C-8A2B-4913EA253E37.jpeg

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this combo add any HP or Torque, or is it all for sound and possibly throttle response ?

I have not dynoed the car but from my experience by reducing back preasure and improving the flow you should puck up HP/TQ which what these parts do. The AMS turbo adapters are quite less lestrictive than stock ones so that should help with the flow.

The SPD pipes also come with high flow cats.

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I have the same AMS adapters and SPD catted downpipes sitting in the garage waiting for install.
Do you think adding a resonator delete will make things too loud or crappy sounding?

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I have the same AMS adapters and SPD catted downpipes sitting in the garage waiting for install.
Do you think adding a resonator delete will make things too loud or crappy sounding?

I am not sure but had that idea as well.

Hankfd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the rest of the exhaust stock? Have any sound clips you could post that would be awesome

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the rest of the exhaust stock? Have any sound clips you could post that would be awesome
Yes the rest is all stock. I’ll see if I can make some videos but it basically sounds a tad louder than stock and has a nice tone when you step on it!

you can also hear turbos spooling and all together sounds pretty awesome!

Hankfd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm this forum is dangerous can’t wait to get mine still haven’t gotten a vin yet. All you guys have given me so many ideas. I would think it’s feels like it woke the truck up some? Wonder if ford can void the warranty for doing it?