AMS boost tube warning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically the lines with the red clip and white clip. But if they replace my tube (still waiting to hear back) I'll prob replace all of them. Cuz had to really stretch em all to reach. That would be the safest bet and biggest peace of mind.

GhostRHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or maybe AMS has since modified the connection points on their tubes due to the issues with 2019's?

I talked to AMS about this issue, and they say they plan on modifying the tubes for the 19-20 but do not have an ETA as of yet ( so they haven't modified it yes). Other then that you could modify them but most people don't have issues with the wiring its the connection itself because of a lack of a lip on the tube.

OP
OP
P

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thats good to know. Unfortunately I can't really keep driving my truck around with a hole in the tube. I have it sealed off with heat tape but I still keep throwing a cel every few days bc of it. I still haven't heard back on a replacement yet. Plan to put longer hoses on and clamp em down to fix the issue. Prob shoulda done that from the start! Hopefully I'll hear from them this week. Otherwise I'll just have to put stock back on and eat the cost of tubes.

OP
OP
P

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! BIG Thanks goes out to Nick @Apollooptics. I contacted him the day this happened to discuss since I purchased the tubes from him. He did all the leg work with AMS and got a replacement tube sent out to me. I also recieved an extended hose and some clamps from AMS to swap with stock hose.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update! BIG Thanks goes out to Nick @Apollooptics. I contacted him the day this happened to discuss since I purchased the tubes from him. He did all the leg work with AMS and got a replacement tube sent out to me. I also recieved an extended hose and some clamps from AMS to swap with stock hose.

Glad we could get you all dialed in and get this corrected!

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait a min ,I bought the boost tubes for my 2019 a couple of months ago ,have yet to install ,so u mean they won't fit ? so is it the tube that don't fit or the sensors ,or both that don't fit ,I bought mine in April ,have yet to install. thats bs . how am I going to return something to a third party place months later .

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock tubing isn't long enough. In order to get red and white clips on you will have to take the tape off and really stretch them to reach. The red clip has been fine though very taunt, however the angle of the white clip combined with the tension caused the nipple on my tube to break off.
The easy "fix", which I shoulda done initially is just buy longer hoses and a few hose clamps and call it a day.
Thats basically what AMS sent me this time with the tube. Thats their "fix" until they get the redesigned ones out for 19-20's.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they did not even offer me tubing and clamps ,they said to go get them at an auto parts store . last time I ever buy anything sold by ams. I don't care if its 2 dollar part ,they should be supplying it.